Chapter 27 - McRockingMyWorld

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 27

---

   "What's going on, I heard- REECE!"

   Elyse pushed me off Reece and enveloped her into a big hug. "My baby!"

   "Excuse m-"

   "Did you come here all the way from Arizona?" Elyse interrupted me rather rudely.

   "Yes, I did. We were traveling to Toronto to visit Amelia, but I decided to stop by," she explained.

   Amelia was Reece's older sister, and she was attending her last year of college in Toronto.

   "What's all that racket, I'm trying to sleep," Damon said annoyed as he walked down the stairs, rubbing his eyes.

   "Sleep when it's five pm? You're such a troll," Reece said with a smirk. Damon's eyes widened when he heard her voice and rushed to the couch, tackling her into a hug.

   Yeah, my whole family kind of liked Reece more than they did me.

  "Ugh, your breath stinks," she said jokingly with a groan as she hugged him back.

   "So does your whole body but you don't see me complaining. You really need a shower from traveling." He laughed.

   And I thought he was mad and cranky.

   "Yeah, I know. So, where's Mr. Brooks? Did you know that he was the one that planned my stay here. He got a driver to drop me off here because my parents couldn't stop; they had to continue to Toronto and Alaska was on a different route," she said as Damon made himself comfortable in the couch.

   Elyse, Damon, and I shared the same shocked expressions on our faces.

   "He did what? Why didn't I know about all this?" Elyse asked.

   "I guess he wanted it to be a surprise," I said with a shrug, "come on, Reece. Let's go upstairs, we have so much to catch up on."

   "I have to get my bags first." She stood up and stretched her stiff limbs from being on a plane so much, and then in the car.

   "I'll help you," Damon said, following her out the house.

   "Where's Sarah? Why is she always disappearing?" I asked.

   "She went to do some errands. She'll be back very late at night," she explained and I nodded.

"I still can't believe that she's here. I can touch her, oh, my God. I've missed her so much," I said to Elyse.

"I know, honey."

"I'm so sad that she's not staying with us forever. Elyse, it's so hard to live without your childhood best friend," I said sadly.

"I know it's hard and unfair, but that's just how it is. Come on, I think they got the last of the bags."

I nodded and went to help them carry the bags upstairs. Unsurprisingly, when I said bags, I meant five large, very heavy bags.