Chapter 39 - Christmas Crisis

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 39

---

I woke up the next day with an aching body. Every small muscle, that I didn't even know I had, hurt like a bitch. I had fallen asleep on the plane in a very uncomfortable position with my back straight since the chair didn't want to move back and my legs somehow folded underneath my thighs. As soon as we reached the hotel, we took our keys and passed out on the bed.

The next morning, I had no time to complain over my cramping body because Sarah woke up very early to catch Los Angeles in the day.

"Don't wear the heavy clothing that we used to wear in Fairbanks, it's not as cold here," Sarah called from outside the bathroom. Her room was across mine and Damon's and she didn't hesitate to barge in in the morning.

My eyebrows furrowed when I caught sight of my reflection in the mirror. The hair around my eyebrows indicated that I was in need of a visit to the Salon again. My hair was sticking up in weird places, and my mouth felt dry and dehydrated.

After finishing my business in the bathroom, I walked back into our room to see that Sarah left. She had laid out an outfit for me to wear on my messy bed. It was a pair of black tights, a military green hoodie from Pull & Bear, and a pair of black half-boots. I made a mental note to thank her later as I quickly slipped on the clothes.

We all met downstairs in the lobby and decided on going out for breakfast first because I wasn't going anywhere without a full course breakfast meal in my stomach. Nobody would have handled me on an empty stomach, anyways.

I trailed behind them, scrolling through my phone, as we walked to the car we rented—a 2015, blue Honda, CR-V. For some reason, I've always had a fascination with cars, which probably explains my undying love to my baby, and I was able to identify any car I'd see.

The weather outside was fair with strong winds that would constantly blow my hair on my face, but it was the good kind of wind. Unlike the winds that would smack a tree to my face in Alaska.

I checked my Instagram feed, and the messages that I received from everyone else. Reece had sent me about a dozen messages, and Ryder a few.  After replying to those of Reece's, I was about to check Ryder's messages when a sudden thought popped in my mind.

I didn't buy any Christmas gifts for anyone.

The panic pulled my heart into my stomach and I stopped walking abruptly.

How was I supposed to buy all the gifts when Christmas was tomorrow?

Damon must've realized that I stopped following them because he turned to look for me. He furrowed his eyebrows in question and I moved my feet to go up to him.

"I didn't buy the Christmas gifts," I said with a sigh, running my hand through my auburn hair, "did you?"

"Yeah, before we came here."

I groaned. Elyse turned around and motioned us over there impatiently.

"Well, what are we going to do?" He shifted from one foot to another.

"We're going to buy the Christmas gifts now," I replied. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to everyone else before they grew suspicious.