Chapter 40 - 'Tis The Season To Be Jelly!

*NOT EDITED*

Chapter 40

---

The next morning, something miraculous happened.

Something you'd never imagine happened.

I, Ash Brooks, was the first to be awake in the family.

I was the one who woke everyone else up, actually. Cue the angelic voices singing in the background, Hallelujah.

I grinned as I sang along to 'Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!' Bouncing on Damon's bed, in my red onesie with blue snowflakes, I raised the voice of my singing in Damon's ear. His face twisted in displeasure and his eyes fluttered open. I couldn't help but notice his long, thick eyelashes. I raised my voice even louder when feeling the envy.

Why did the guys have the long lashes? Why not give them to those in need, dear God?

"What is your problem, woman?" He groaned whilst squinting his eyes.

"It's Christmas!"

"Thanks for the useful info."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want any of your negative, depressing vibes in here. Be jolly, Damon."

He narrowed his eyes at me in a glare but wisely kept his mouth shut. I watched him grumble underneath his breath as he got up and headed into the bathroom. I brushed off my hands against each other, seeing that I did my job, well done.

Taking my phone with me, I walked out of our room and into Sarah and Cam's room through the interconnecting door. We had come up with an obvious solution with Cameron's problem by adding an extra bed in Sarah's room. I couldn't have been happier when she joined, now that everything was okay with her.

The song was halfway through and on the loudest volume as I pulled the curtains open to their room. I was surprised to find out that Sarah wasn't already up and dancing considering her 'sunny' personality. She was, however, walking into the bathroom with a yawn, stretching her long arms.

Cameron was left.

She was still under her covers and blanket, but she was awake with a pillow pressed against her face. I muffled a giggle as she groaned.

"The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"

I laughed hard as I bounced on Cameron's bed. She repeatedly hit me with her pillow, but I saw the smile she was hiding.

It was time for the hardest part: waking up dad. You can blame him for my not being a morning person and sleeping 26 hours out of 24.

I walked into their room with the next song playing on my Christmas playlist: All I Want For Christmas Is You. Their room was the biggest of all. It was a rectangular-shaped room with the windows covering the whole of one side, and a sheet of gold curtains blinding the sunlight over it. The king-sized bed in which my parents were sleeping in was against the side of the room adjacent to the windows with two bedside tables on either side of the bed and a large flatscreen TV on the opposite side. A glass table with sleek, black chairs lied in a corner of the room and the walls were painted a sweet, beige color that matched the wooden parts of the bed and bedside tables.

"Don't even try," Elyse said with a finger held up when she saw me. My eyes widened in surprise and she answered my unspoken question, "I heard you in the other two rooms. I'm pretty sure the whole floor heard you."