Chapter 4

When Louis stepped out of the airport, he was excited, scared, nervous, happy, and, even if he didn't want to accept it, a little bit homesick. During the flight he would have random thoughts and turn around to tell Liam or Ed, but they weren't there. He did fly in first class, but as soon as he got off the plane nobody treated him differently. He was no "His Royal Highness", there was no one expecting him, and there was no car waiting to take him wherever he needed. He was alone. And he needed to get a taxi. Like, right now.

*****

By the time he arrived to Brown he had managed to control everything he was feeling. He was a bit nervous, but this was it. The adventure he craved so much.

He told the taxi driver to wait for him while he went to the Centre he was told to pick up his keys and card. The lady who gave him everything was very nice to him, apparently there was where all the international students had to go, so she asked him about England and his life at Saint Andrews. Once he was finished, he got on the taxi again and headed to his new building, Emery Hall.

The building was rather small. He got into the elevator and pressed the button for floor number 4. When the doors opened, he saw a not very large aisle with two doors: one to his left, #402-A; and one to his right, #402-B. He knew his room was the one to the left, but he didn't go in right away. He left all of his stuff on the floor outside of his dorm room and walked forward. When he reached the end of the aisle, he saw a small kitchen and a nice lounge on one side. On the other side there were two more doors. He opened one: the bathroom; the other one: a small laundry room. He guessed this building was more like a block of flats, instead of rows and rows of dorms on each floor.

He decided to go into his room. He moved a few things so he could open the door. The room was pretty normal. Two of everything, on each side of the room: a bookcase, a bureau, a built in closet (judging from the small doors), a desk and its chair, and a bed. Louis sighed and started to move his stuff inside the room.

After he talked to his parents and texted Liam to let them know he was okay, he started unpacking. He was almost done when he heard the elevator's door open and a loud laugh followed by voices. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, in fact, they weren't very audibly, but he did hear someone saying no, then another person complaining, and laughs after that.

Then he saw a dyed-blond boy open the door with a smile on his face and carrying a backpack.

"Oh, hello mate! I'm your new roomy," He offered his hand and Louis shook it. There was something in the way he spoke... "Hey, would you help me get my stuff?" His accent sounded... "My friend just kicked it out of the elevator," Yes, sounded Irish. "Oh, sorry, I'm Niall Horan," He looked so happy.

"Hi, erm, my name's Louis Tomlinson," They were already walking towards the pile of boxes

"Are you British?" Niall asked smiling

"Yeah, I'm an international student."

"Oh, yeah? Just one semester?"

"Yes, that's it,"

"That's cool,"

They were almost done.

"And you're Irish, yeah?" Louis asked.

"You can tell?" Niall chuckled "Yeah, I moved to America when I was in high school because of my dad's job. Sometimes I miss it, but it's cool, though. The accent helps with the birds, they love it. You'll see yourself"

Niall started unpacking and Louis finished.

"Why so much stuff? You just got in?" Louis asked

"No, I used to live in Morriss Hall but they changed me. Don't know why. Bloody Malik got the dorm across, it's a single room." He explained