Chapter 8

When Daniel saw Louis in the room of Universal History class on Monday, he couldn't believe it. Then he thought it was just a guy who looked a lot like the prince of York, but after a couple of stares he was ninety nine percent sure it was him.

His crush on the prince was pretty much secret. His family and friends knew he was gay, but it was a little bit embarrassing for him to admit he had a crush on the prince of York. It was kind of his guilty pleasure.

He first saw Louis on the internet, when Louis turned eighteen. A party was thrown for his birthday that ended up on the news. How did Daniel come across with that article? He couldn't remember. But since he saw him, Daniel was always aware of the royal events, checking if any new photos of Louis were published.

The class passed and he didn't say a word to him. What was he going to say, anyway? 'Hello, my name's Daniel. Are you, by any chance, Louis of York?' That wouldn't work. So he patiently waited for the next class on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, Daniel didn't arrive five minutes early for class like he always did. He arrived just early enough to spot Louis and sit two seats to his left. He saw that nobody sat right next to him and that he didn't talk to anyone. The fact that Louis was alone, gave him a little courage to talk to him himself; he only had to wait for the right time.

Then the teacher asked a question which Louis answered correctly. When the professor wasn't looking, Daniel started the conversation he had rehearsed during breakfast that morning.

"Hey, are you British?" Daniel asked Louis

Louis looked up from his notes "No, I'm from Uruguay," he answered with a serious face.

"Oh. I thought, because of your accent. Y'know," was all Daniel answered, frowning.

Louis chuckled "I'm joking," he said

"Oh," Daniel repeated, smiling. When Louis was about to return to his notes Daniel spoke "My name's Daniel Sharman,"

Louis smiled "I'm Louis Tomlinson,"

That wasn't the last name Daniel was expecting to hear, but it's not like there's gonna be a guy who looks just like the prince and is called Louis. He was certain it was him, but just to be sure he asked "And are you new here? Or...?"

"I came here just for one semester. I study at Saint Andrews University, in Scotland," Louis replied. And there was it, he actually was Louis the prince.

"And how do you like it here in Brown?"

"It's really nice. To be honest, I'm not looking forward to go back," Louis was smiling. It was nice for him to start to know his classmates.

The professor gave them a disapproving look for whispering too much, so they remained quiet for the rest of the class.

"So I'll see you next Friday?" Daniel asked when the class was over.

"Sure," Louis replied, giving him a smile. Then Louis saw Niall and waved at him. "See you, mate," Louis said and left.

When Daniel got to his room the smile hadn't erased from his face. He didn't know why Louis told him his last name was Tomlinson, but he hoped to find out eventually.

 *****

The list of veggies Harry and Louis gave to Dr Miller was approved. It was Thursday, and they were supposed to start to sow on Friday. The only way of getting the seeds was by asking Zayn to help them.

"So you will be like farmers now?" Niall asked, laughing after their explained the project.

"We'll just grow a few vegetables, that's not a farm," Harry answered annoyed.