Chapter 23

Liam was at his last appointment with Dr Crawford. Louis was there as well, it was his last day before going back to Berkshire for his birthday party.

"So, you've been using crutches for the last week, correct?" the doctor asked Liam while Melissa uncovered the bandages from his leg.

"Yeah," Liam nodded, "The last couple of days I've been trying to add pressure to the leg and walk some steps. Y'know? Like you told me to."

 "Very well," Dr Crawford approved

Melissa took the last one off and Louis came closer to see.

"Man, that's not pretty," he chuckled.

Liam's leg had a big pink stain. The scar was mainly in his thigh and a little bit of his knee.

"You shouldn't feel any pain. Do you?" the doctor asked while he examined the injury.

Liam shook his head, "Can't feel anything strange,"

"Can I touch it?" Louis asked already reaching out and stroking it, "It's so smooth."

Everyone laughed.

"So you must apply this ointment every morning, and this one at night. Both of them until finished. They're for the scar, to even-out the colour." Dr Crawford spoke as he left the two creams on Liam's nightstand, "And that would be all. You should be good now. But if you see something weird or feel uncomfortable, give me a call."

"Alright, thank you so much, Dr," Liam thanked with a smile.  

Dr Crawford smiled, "My pleasure,"

"Bye doc," Louis waved.

"Goodbye, boys." He said before walking out of the room.

Liam put his sweats back on and Melissa helped him up.

"How are you feeling, dear?" She asked.

"Feels nice to be on two legs," Liam beamed.

"I'm so happy we're over this incident," Louis smiled.

"Yeah, Liam's a lucky boy. Most of the people take way more to recover from a burn injury. Some of them never do," Melissa sadly said.

Louis frowned, thinking of the people who couldn't have access to good surgeons or doctors to recover from a burn. Melissa was right, Liam was lucky. He literally had a person looking after him every day, all day long, for almost two months.

"Hey, does it mean you'll be gone, now?" he asked Melissa.

"Sadly, yes," she answered, "Today's my last shift. Of all nurses, actually."   

"Aww, we'll miss you, Mel," Liam whined.

She chuckled, "I'm going to miss you too, boys. Now wait, I have to talk to your mother." She said before walking out.

The cousins made their way to the telly, turning it on and leaving in on a random channel.

"Maybe this will sound crazy and kind of out of the blue, but..." Louis started.

Liam turned to look at him, without knowing if he should be scared or what.

"When I finish uni," Louis hesitated "I want to take part of organizations for burn victims."

"Well, it is unexpected." Liam agreed, "But I think is very possible."

They both knew that taking part in different organizations was a duty they had as royals.

"But, like, as a full-time thing." Louis explained.

"Shouldn't I be the one wanting to do that?" Liam laughed.