Chapter 7

Important A/N

Hi guys! You know I've been writing in a 3rd person narrative, but it's kind of from Louis perspective. So now I've decided to start changing the perspectives and see how it goes. I hope it doesn't get confusing :)

-----

Liam had a busy "back to school". The people in charge of the dorms ignored them and didn't put Ed as Liam's roommate. They did a lot of asking and talking, and, finally, on Sunday they let them change. They spent their Sunday moving Ed's things into Liam's room.

Louis texted Liam to see if they could Skype. Liam would have loved to, but they were busy and tired. They exchanged a few texts wishing each other good luck and promising to Skype on Monday.

 *

Liam was glad that Ed had more than a few classes with him. It made him feel less lonely. When his classes were over he thought of Skyping with Louis, but realized that Louis' first day was probably beginning. He went to his room and found Ed there. They chatted for a while and then Ed had to leave for an afternoon class.

Liam turned on his laptop. He was checking his email when an income call from Louis appeared on the screen. He accepted it right away.

A pixilated image slowly became Louis' face. He was frowning, Liam smiled at his cousin.

"Hey, Lou!" Liam waved at the screen.

Louis' lips moved, but Liam couldn't hear anything.

"I can't hear you," Liam complained

Louis nodded and looked concentrated. He spoke again, but Liam still didn't hear.

Liam shook his head. "Is your mic working?" he asked.

Louis didn't answer. A few seconds later his mouth opened again.

"What about now?" Liam heard.

"Yes! I can hear you!" Liam smiled. Louis was smiling too.

"Hello, mate! How are you?" Louis asked.

"I'm good! Thanks!" their smiles hadn't disappeared "Are you in your room?"

"I am," Louis answered. He lifted the laptop and started rotating it "That's my bed," he pointed the unmade one

"What a surprise," Liam joked

"The other bed's Niall's" He rotated the laptop a little bit more "there's Niall's desk, the window, closets and you're on my desk," he settled the lap again on the desk.

"Looks cosy," Liam commented

"It is, actually. Look, let me give you a tour," Liam chuckled and Louis lifted the laptop again. He showed Liam the flat: kitchen, lounge room, bathroom, Zayn's door.

They were back to Louis' desk "It's pretty nice. I'm actually surprised by how neat it is," Liam said chuckling.

Louis smiled "I make a big effort to keep it like that. They're good boys, I don't want to be kicked out for my messiness. And besides, Harry does all the cooking, it's only fair if we do the cleaning,"

Liam nodded" Sounds fair. And Harry doesn't live with you?" he asked.

"No, he lives downstairs," Louis sighed "Actually, there's something I wanted to tell you about him,"

"What's up," Liam was expecting some gossip.

Louis rubbed his hands together under the desk so Liam couldn't see how nervous he was "I don't know how to say it without sounding weird or freaking you out. So..."