Chapter 6

When Louis shook his hand, Harry literally gave him a shock.

Harry chuckled "Sorry,"

Louis remembered he had to talk or do something "So you are part of the fraternity as well?" he joked.

Harry laughed "Apparently I am. Niall was just telling me about it and... Where did he go?" Louis turned and saw that Niall was gone. Zayn was talking to a girl and pouring drinks on the other side of the kitchen "God, I hope they don't get wasted. It's the first party of the semester,"

"Most people would count that as a good reason to get wasted," Louis said smirking

"Well, you've got a point. But that doesn't make cleaning after them more appealing,"

Then Zayn arrived with three red cups. "One for my new friend," he handed one to Louis "And one for my old friend," he gave Harry the other one.

Louis drank a sip. It was strong. When he looked up Zayn chugging down his.

"You want another round Louis?" Zayn asked "Not you, Harry, you're driving," he tossed Harry the car keys and he caught them with a swift movement. "So, do you?" he repeated.

"I'm okay for now, thanks," Louis answered.

"Well, I'm gonna go look for Niall. He lost a bet and has to drink two tequila shots" he turned around and left them laughing.

"And... there they go," Harry chuckled.

Louis laughed with him. He was starting to feel the warmth that the drink provided on his chest. He welcomed it, already feeling relaxed, but he didn't want to get drunk either.

"And where are you from?" Harry asked, then took a sip.

"I study at Saint Andrews University," He answered.

"Oh, so you're actually Scottish?" Harry asked curiously.

"No, I was born in London," Harry might have been expected a more elaborated answer, like where did he live before Uni, but he settled for that answer.

As for Louis, he didn't want to explain that he's had multiple residences. That would be a little difficult to get if you didn't know he wasn't normal.

Louis changed the subject "And you study at Brown?"

"I do. There I met those two. Niall was my first roommate. He met Zayn, introduced him to me and we've been friends ever since," he said, feeling proud of their friendship

Louis would have never imagined to be having a conversation with the weight-boy, at least not so soon. They continued talking about uni, things they liked, what they wanted to do after uni (Louis giving a more general version, saying he wanted to help people). Louis could see why people liked him, and not only for his looks. He found out that Harry was a very nice lad, a bit cheeky as well.

The conversation was very fluid, Louis never thought that he could be interacting with anyone like this. All the pressure of being observed by everyone for being who he was, was gone. These two days he had still been careful, unsure. But not now. Now was when he really felt free, and also a little tipsy -Louis' drink long gone.

Two girls came and hugged Harry. One kissed him on the cheek, but ended up kissing half of his lips. Somehow that didn't bother Louis as much because he was expecting that: girls at his feet. Hell, Harry could have Louis on his knees if he wanted, so he didn't blame them. Louis wasn't waiting for the magical moment of the night to tell Harry how he felt. He was hopping it was just a crush, and he didn't want to risk things. Saying something would make things awkward.