Chapter 26

(A/N)

Expect a lot of inaccuracies in these chapters, because I don't know a whole lot about the palaces, the life of the royals, and burn victims. Sorry. I'll just make a bunch of stuff up.

 Again, watch the trailer for the final chapters, if you haven't seen it.

------

So far, Louis was satisfied with his life. After graduation he stayed in London, so he could start his charity work as soon as possible.

'New Hopes for Life' was kind of a small hospital, but less gloomy. Children with all kinds of burn-injury attended.  But they were divided into three mayor groups.

The ones that were more delicate lived in there, waiting for their recovery before going back home.

Another group was of children that had already been there, but also had already gotten better, and they just returned once in a while for an over-all check-up.

And there was another group of children who, even if they didn't live there because they were already healed, they had to go back regularly to get therapy. 

Louis didn't want to say that he pitied the kids who went to therapy, but they were the ones who touched his heart the most. He found incredible how they always had a smile on their face and never complained about their life, even though they knew it could be months before they could return to be normal kids.

There was physical therapy that helped them to get their body back as normal as possible. For the kids that lost their ability to walk, or write. Or the ones who had lost their sight, or hearing.

And then, there was another type of therapy for the kids that lost something greater than a physical loss. Some kids had lost a sibling, their father, or their mother. Some had lost their entire family.

And Louis couldn't believe how strong every kid was. His first visit and meeting with the staff was enough to make him want to do so much for the children. And since it was an organization that helped children of all social backgrounds, the fees weren't high. They survived by donations or help from promoters, so Louis knew there was a lot that could be done.

Even thought if Louis would have loved to keep it a little toned down, he knew this kind of actions would draw a lot of attention to him. But, again and as always, Liam was there to help him.

The first official thing he did, was donate a bunch of medical devices that the centre lacked from.

He did most of the work, anyway; answering questions, posing for photos, and shaking hands. The whole staff was very excited about having the Prince of York in their team now.

So he did that donation, one or two check donations, an art auction in favour of the org, and lots of volunteering.

"Look at you! You're doing so much better!" Louis beamed, holding Nat's hand.

Natalie was a seven-years-old, sweet, little girl who had suffered burns on her knees. About a month ago, while her mom was doing house-chores and she was supposed to be watching a movie, she got hungry. She sneaked into the kitchen, and saw a pot lying on the stove.

She, thinking the pot could contain some food, stood on her tiptoes and grabbed it. But the pot was full of boiling water. When she couldn't handle the heat or weight of the pot, she let it drop; boiling water splashing her legs, mostly her knees. And, since she was wearing a skirt, everything was worse. They were all very thankful that the water didn't reach her face.

So there she was, a month later getting daily rehabilitation for her knees. Because, although they were already healed, they still needed to get back their strength.