Chapter 5

I stood in front of the mirror, studying my reflection. My newly blonde hair made me feel amazing. My outfit combined with it made me think I looked like Alice in Wonderland, and it was true, the dress, the hair, it all looked perfect. I felt like her too, in a whole new world, left to explore on my own. The maid came up behind me and smiled warmly, "Do you like it?" She asked. I nodded and grinned, "I love it." I heard a voice call my name from outside the bathroom and I opened the door and looked out into the bedroom, seeing England standing beside the door and looking around. "Oh, there you are Kay I was-" He paused and stared at me. "Do I look pretty?" I asked, like a child asking her father about her new headband or dress. He snapped out of his daze, "Y-yes." He stuttered. The maid stepped out behind me and patted my back. "I see Miranda got ahold of you." England said, looking over at the maid. "I couldn't help it." The maid giggled. "I just wanted to tell you that the tea is ready." He said, nodding dismissively and hurrying out. "Well go on!" The maid snapped playfully, nudging me forward. "Alright alright! I'm going!" I laughed, hurrying out of the room. "Uhhh-" I said like a total idiot. You idiot! You don't even know where to go! My mind scolded me. I saw a man in a butler's uniform and ran over to him. "Excuse me, do you know where Arthur has his tea?" I asked. "Oh, yes! Outside in the garden." He said, pointing to a door. "Thank you." I said gratefully, hurrying over to the door and going outside onto the garden. Almost immediately the scent of flowers hit me, and the beauty of the garden made me forget why I was out there for a moment. "Kay! Over here!" A voice called. I turned and saw England sitting at a table and sipping on a cup of tea. I walled over slowly, taking in my surroundings before sitting in the chair on the other side of the white table. "I hope you don't mind Miranda doing all that, it's just her nature." England said. "It's alright, I actually like it." I smiled, taking a cup of tea off the metal tray sitting on the table. I sipped it as ladylike as I could, which apparently didn't work because he looked over at me and laughed. "Well it's not like I drink tea every day!" I huffed. "It's alright, you'll get better." He chuckled, taking another sip of his tea.