Chapter 10

We had drank, watched comedies, and been total idiots almost all night until I had to sneak back to England's mansion. No one knew, I had done it without anyone knowing, I felt pretty awesome, like I'd done something bad. Miranda had given me a new dress. It was black and had bird feathers, it reminded me of being one of those dark swan lake ballerinas. She had also brought me black boots and leggings, it seemed like they had the most perfectly coordinated outfits. The only thing was that all my dresses were a little above my knees, and that could get annoying if France visited. A new maid was introduced to me by Miranda, her name was Lisa, and she was definitely a badass. Lisa had that intimidating look about her and had long black hair with red highlights, and was pale as a vampire. She had blood red eyes and always wore black lipstick. After seeing my dress she immediately smirked. "You look like a raven." She commented. "Uhh, thanks?" I said, not really sure if it was a compliment. Lisa pulled out a playing card, it was an ace of spades. "Here raven." She said, handing it to me. I took it slowly, studying it. "I don't have any pockets." I said, frowning slightly. She snatched it back and shoved it down the front of my dress, "There ya go, problem solved." She said. I put my hand on the top of my dress in surprise, "Well then." I choked out, in utter shock. She laughed harshly, "England said you were badass, but you don't look and sound very badass." I glared, "How about you shut the hell up and-" I started. "Whoa whoa, calm down raven, I was only testing you." She grinned. "Stop calling me raven! My name is Kay!" I shouted. "Cut the hissy fit, it makes you look stupid." She said, not fazed by my anger. I huffed and stormed off, leaving Lisa standing there.