Chapter 20

England led me to his room and shut and locked the door behind him. I sat on the couch at the side of the room and waited for him to speak. He took a brown blanket and draped it around my shoulders. I pulled it close, "Thank you." I said, still soaking wet. He sat down in a lounge chair in front of me and folded his hands in his lap, leaning forward towards me. "Care to explain what happened?" He asked calmly. "I tried to drown her." I said, wait, that sounded bad. His eyes widened, "What?" I mentally face-palmed. "No, not me me, I mean dark me, I didn't actually try to drown her, well, I did but- it wasn't the real me." I said quickly. He sat in silence for a second, processing all the information. "I thought they were dead?" He said, slightly confused. "I did too but they aren't!" I said in a stressed tone. "This is not good." He said quietly. "Not good." I repeated. The door handle giggled before opening, revealing a soaking wet Lisa. "Lisa! Your alright!" England said, getting up and running over to her, hugging her tightly. Lisa hugged him back and smiled, "Yeah, I'm fine." She said quietly. "There's something we need to tell you." England said, pulling her over to where I was sitting. I sat quietly as England explained everything to her. She had a look in her eyes that was a mix of fear and excitement, it looked...wild. The look was somewhat intimidating. "Okay, lemme get this straight, you have Sark versions that are trying to kill you guys." She said. We both nodded. She stood and put her leg up on the side of England's chair, pulling her pants up above her thigh and revealing a dagger that was held to her thigh by a small belt. England blushed deep red at the sight of her showing off so much. She saw his expression and chuckled, "Don't worry, you'll have a chance to get some later." She teased, making him blush redder, if that was even possible. He finally nodded slowly and cleared his throat nervously. "If they come, we will just have to show them what we are made if." She said, pulling the dagger out and showing the deadly sharp edges, I could see my reflection in it it was so shiny. I stood and the blanket fell from my shoulders, I took out my sword and leaned on it, the tip digging into the wooden floor. "Deadly women." England said, his eyes wide at our weapons. Lisa and I smirked, pleased with his reaction.