Chapter 29

Russia gripped my hand tightly, shaking and breathing heavily. His condition had gone from bad to worse. He was burning up and in terrible pain. "Th-their killing e-everyone." Russia said painfully. I put my free hand on his forehead and was shocked by how hot it was. I stood up and released his hand, flattening my nightgown and running to the kitchen. I soaked a wet cloth and ran back to the living room, pressing it against his forehead. He sat shaking for a moment before crying out in pain. I'd never seen him like this, he was always so strong an could take pain, he wouldn't flinch even if someone had jabbed a needle in his arm, I knew that for a fact from Prussia trying it. England ran downstairs, hearing what was going on. "What is the matter!" He demanded. "Its Russia!" I responded. England managed to calm Russia down and Russia soon fell asleep, still shaking slightly. "Kay..." England said quietly. "What?" I asked. "You do know that he is technically dying...." England said, looking at me sadly. I felt a stab of pain at my heart. "What do you mean." My voice cracked. "I mean, he might now make it." England replied. "That's impossible, countries can't die..." I insisted, tears welling in my eyes. "They can die when someone can take over that country's position." England explained. "Who can take his position?" I asked. "Moscow can." I stomped my foot, "Who the hell is this Moscow!" I demanded. "Someone you haven't met." England sighed. "So Russia might die." I said, flinging my arms in the air. "Yes." England mumbled. I lingered for a moment before running outside, slamming the door behind me. I waded through the snow before falling to my knees, not bothering to try and get back up. I took a handful of snow and threw it, screaming angrily, the scream turned into a sob as I slowly fell down onto my side in the snow, curling up and sobbing like a child. The dark and the heavy falling snow around me.