Chapter 2

"Look like you seen a ghost, brother," Chibs muttered as he greeted Happy. "You alright?"

"I think I'm in love," he chuckled, raspy and somehow still dark. "This chick is awesome."

Chibs blinked twice, shocked by Happy's joke, before shaking his head. "This is gonna be trouble," he groaned.

"Just one guy?" When they approached the others, Jax, Katie, Opie, and Bobby, they were already discussing what had happened Katie nodded, answering Jax's question. "Just one dude, I was in the office so I didn't see anything."

"Hap?" Jax looked at Happy. "Who was he?"

"He was brown," Happy grumbled. "That's it."

"Uhh, whoever it is had to be tied in with Salazar," Katie said with a shrug. "Honestly, is it even a question?"

Opie and Jax shared a look; the less she knew the better for everyone involved. "Since you didn't see anything you can head home," Jax said.

"Oh, okay," she laughed and rolled her eyes. "But you're all leaving with me. I have to lock up."

"That's fine," Bobby chuckled.

"Do you want to take the money at least?"

Nodding, Jax followed her into the office. "These the scratches?"

"Yep," she opened the safe and pulled out the cash. "Eighty thousand," she handed him four stacks one at a time. "Enough to float us for a few months, clear the year's real estate taxes and pay his debts."

"How'd you manage this?" Jax asked as he shoved the cash in his cut.

Katie looked at Jax over her shoulder. "You really asking me that?"

"Come on," he chuckled.

"Work," she shrugged. "I save, a lot."

"You also get men to pay your way," Jax said with a knowing wink.

Katie's jaw dropped. "Excuse me?"

"You don't?"

"I pay my own bills," she corrected him. "But I do have a good amount of my wardrobe that's been gifted."

Jax smirked, "Yeah, I thought so."

"And that smile doesn't get you some perks?" She stood up from the safe.

"Oh girl, I'm not judging you."

"Good," she offered him her hand and they shook. "Thanks for doing this."

"Lumpy is a good man," Jax said and Katie just smiled. "One of my guys will take you home."

"I'm good," she assured him as they left the office. "Thanks, though. Just make sure he doesn't hear about this."

As she strolled through the gym toward the door Katie could feel Happy's eyes on her. She glanced over her shoulder and gestured for them to follow before locking the door.

"Here's my number", he said walking her to her car, "If you need anything." He added quickly as he slipped her a TM card with his cell scribbled on the back.

"I'll give you a call if I need some new clothes, okay?"

Jax laughed and nodded, watching as she got into her car and drove away. "Why don't we go visit Salazar?" He looked at the others who instantly agreed.

--

It took some effort, as they didn't know exactly where to find him, but not too long after the sun rose they finally pinned him down.