Chapter 47

*About a month after the Grand Openings*

Mornings were always a struggle in the Teller house. Between getting ready for work, getting the boys ready for either daycare or simply dressed and fed, and the lack of help from Jax, Tara always felt stressed and rushed. She was running particularly late that morning and almost missed the knock at the door had it not been for Abel.

"Mommy," he called out. "There's a man at the door!"

She froze and peered out the window, wondering if it was someone she needed to be wary of. There was no reason to be so cautious she decided, he had parked put front and wore a pair of khakis and a polo shirt, so Tara answered the door.

"Hi," she said with a smile.

"Hi," he smiled back. "Is a," he glanced down at his paperwork, "Jackson Teller home?"

"That's me," Jax said coming behind Tara and startling her.

"You're Jackson Teller?" The man asked again.

"Yeah," Jax nodded and stepped in front of Tara. "What's going on?"

"Oh, okay, well this is for you," he said, handing Jax the large envelope. The moment Jax gripped the paper the man pulled his hand away. "You've been served. Have a nice day," he said quickly before scurrying back to his car.

"Ah shit," he hissed. "What the fuck is this?" Kicking the door shut he ripped open the envelope to see his and Katie's names on the paperwork. "Kate's suing for sole custody of Charlotte," he sounded surprised, shocked even. "Physical and legal," he looked at Tara with his jaw hanging open. "She's trying to take my daughter away."

When the process server contacted Katie she felt her nervousness explode into panic. She didn't regret it but there was no going back nor would she have a chance to do it in a friendlier manner. Katie started a war.

"Jax got the papers," she said, the words making her stomach clench. "He's going to be pissed."

Happy shrugged, swallowing the last spoonful of cereal from his bowl. "Should be pissed at his old lady."

"Yeah," she sighed, her lips resting on the edge of her mug. "I don't think he'll agree though."

"You alright?" He asked as he stood, his hand gently brushing her cheek in a surprisingly tender moment.

"I'm good," she assured him. "Ana is going to take the baby today so I'll either be at the gym or the shop."

"Shit," he hissed. "I left my wallet at my place."

"Don't start," Katie said quickly. "I'm not ready to lose that much of my independence."

He rolled his eyes, "I wasn't gonna say shit. It's just annoying. You don't have to move in but stay at my place more."

"Maybe," she shrugged. "Lunch?"

"Yeah," he kissed her cheek and grabbed his keys from the kitchen table. "You need anything let me know."

That really meant if Jax or Tara came around he'd defuse the situation but she didn't need it to be said so explicitly. She knew he was trying to remain as neutral as possible, even with his words, and she respected that.

When she arrived, parking about half a block away from the corner, Katie headed into the gym first. Juice was in the boxing ring with Half-Sack, the prospect looked exhausted but he was putting up a good fight.

"You know you don't have to force him in here so early," Katie laughed.

"It's fun," Juice laughed.