Chapter 9

"Anything?"

Opie's tone was darker than usual, his boredom and exhaustion taking its toll on his mood.

"It's only been two hours. I'm getting there," Juice said distractedly. "Whoever it is is fuckin' good, I'll give em' that."

"Are you better?" Opie asked.

"I am," Juice said, flashing his cheesy, wide smile at Opie. "When's relief comin?"

"Whenever Happy gets his money's worth," Opie grumbled.

"I like her," Juice shrugged, tapping away. "And I don't think he's payin'."

Opie shrugged and tossed himself down on the leather sofa across the office. "He's getting attached and it ain't good. Can't fall for a chick who sells herself, always ends bad."

"Probably," Juice remarked quietly.

"Lemme call him," Opie groaned. "I'm sick of this shit."

--

Happy knew he was expected to be at Pope's, he got a call earlier in the day and spoke to Jax all about it. They had agreed on a time and, while he wouldn't be late, Happy wasn't going to go early. Katie was on her stomach, her chin sitting in his navel, as they chatted and joked. His eyes kept calling on four distinct bruises on each of her hips, he couldn't help staring at them, as she told him some story about a friend in D.C.

"What?" She glanced behind her. "What are you staring at?"

"Nothing," he shrugged. Clearly she didn't know her 'date' had left marks on her. "She sounds like a fuckin' psycho."

"She is," Katie laughed. "I miss her though."

"You wanna go back?" The thought was less scary and Happy wondered if it would actually be better.

Her chin pressed into his abdomen again. "Maybe for a visit. Why, you wanna see the Nation's Capitol?"

"Nah, even I'm not as corrupt as some of those guys."

"Politicians," she rolled her eyes. "Ruthless until you strap on some leather and make em' call you Mommy."

His eyes narrowed. "What?"

"This one guy," she laughed. "He cried. We never even had sex. He just wanted me to be a bitch."

"Sounds kinda hot, except for the Mommy part."

She smirked, crawling up his naked body. "You want me to wear my leather? Thigh high boots, corset, and my riding crop?"

"No, I don't want that fake shit." Happy pulled her further up and possessively grabbed the back of her neck, bringing her lips to his. "I like you like this."

Katie swooned over his words as their tongues swirled around together. "Why do you have to say those things?" She whimpered into his mouth. "It makes this harder."

"Stop," he growled. "Come here," Happy helped Katie position herself to straddle him. Purposely he gripped her hips harder than usual, subconsciously hoping to leave his one mark on Katie thus owning her.

"I don't know if we should."

"What?" He froze, drawing his head back to look at her.

"I haven't felt like this about someone in years, Hap." It was a rare moment of complete honesty and vulnerability between them. She wasn't used to it but it felt nice to be real with someone. "Honestly, I mean it's been close to five years maybe even more and it's fucking me up."

"I'm fine," he sat up as she shimmied down him and sat. "It's alright."

Katie shook her head, "I'm glad you feel that way. I like making you happy, pun intended," she chuckled at her own little joke. "It's nice that you know the real me and still smile. I'm used to performing."