Chapter 12: beach house p. 2

I mumbled as I sat up in bed sweating, it's still pitch black outside.

I got out of bed to turn on the fan, maybe that would help.

But suddenly I had a pain in my stomach, I probably had a fever from swimming in the cold water, it'll hopefully pass by tomorrow.

The fan wasn't helping much but fresh air would.

I got out of bed and headed to the door, as I was about to open it I heard footsteps outside of it.

Is there someone in the house?

I leant over to grab a base ball bat that was sitting in the room, probably belonged to James, the wood made a squeaky noise when my foot came in contact with the ground.

I heard the footsteps come to a halt as I slowly turned the handle, I feel like I'm in a horror movie.

My stomach still wasn't feeling good to top it off.

I gripped the base ball bat tightly and opened the door, the lighting was to dark so all I could see was a shadow.

"Shhh", A boys voice whispered.

Instantly, I swung the base ball bat around and whacked him in the face, hard.

He fell to the floor holding his cheek in his hands, moaning.

"Why did you do that Clara?"

Wait.

Is that cameron.

"Cameron?" I yelled/whispered.

"No. Elmo" he said sarcastically and slowly got up.

"I am so sorry, I thought you were a burglar or something" I ran up to him and dragged him into the kitchen, realising he wasn't wearing a shirt.

I turned on the light and his face came into vision, I saw the bruise on his cheek already forming.

"Oh my god cameron im so sorry, can I help?" I asked.

"Ice please" he's stopped holding it now.

I got ice out the fridge and wrapped it in a paper towel, "here".

He put it up to his cheek.

"One more thing that I think could help" he smiled sheepishly.

"What?"

"A kiss" he smirked.

"No cameron", even though I did want to kiss him badly.

"Come on! you just hit me with a base ball bat!" he pouted.

It was extremely cute.

"Fiiiine" I walked over to him and he lifted me up into the kitchen table.

"One kiss" I smiled slightly.

He walked closer to me and put his arms around my waist, I put my arms around his neck and wrapped my legs around his waist.

I closed my eyes and lent in, cameron did the same until our lips reached each other.

I can't say there were fireworks because there were more than that.

It's like there was grenade explosions.

The kiss got a little heated and a little sexier when I pulled away.

"One kiss" I smiled and hopped of the counter.

He followed me out onto the veranda and onto the hammock.

I lay down on it and he lay next to me, he fiddled with my hair while I traced pictures on his chest with my finger.