Chapter 30: brawls and sickness

"I just wanted to say congratulations. Don't get your panties in a twist"

Ugh. I hate the word panties. Especially coming from his mouth.

"Yeah well thanks. Now leave us alone"

"Ok, I'll-" Jared turned half around but backfired and punched Cameron hard in the nose.

"CAMERON!" I yelled and started to run towards him.

He was now in a fight to the death with Jared. Not literally but it was full on.

I felt two sets of arms grab an arm each and drag me out of the crowd. Most people were fighting now, it was just a huge brawl between each football sides.

I turned around to see Hazel and........and Jeremy.

"Jeremy?" I asked.

"Hey Clara"

I hadn't seen him since we......kissed.

"Are you alright?" Hazel asked me.

"I'm fine" I said and grabbed her hand.

"Just wait here Jeremy, I'll talk to you soon"

He nodded and Hazel started pulling me away.

"But hazel I need to help Cameron!" I yelled, yanking my hand away.

"The only thing you'll be doing is getting kicked and punched Clara"

I turned my head to see coaches, security and many more people breaking them apart.

At least they'll be alright. I think.

I sighed and said "i have to talk to Jeremy".

"Who's Jeremy?" She asked.

"I'll explain later. Movie night?" I said slowly walking backwards.

She sighed but smiled, "ok".

I smiled and ran towards Jeremy who was quietly sitting alone on the grass. I looked over at the brawl and saw cameron looking viciously at Jared while being held back by two fellow football mates.

He actually looked so hot-CLARA. Get ahold of yourself! sweet niblets.

"Hi Jeremy" I said softly and say down next to him.

"Hey clara"

"I-I thought your boyfriend was hunter" he said looking in the direction of Cameron.

"That's a, a long story Jeremy. But can we just be....friends?" I said looking at him hopefully.

"Yes. That's fine by me" he smiled.

I hugged him and he hugged me back. "see you later then" I waved and ran of to cameron who was currently being treated to his swelling lip.

"Are you ok cam bam?" I said sitting next to him.

"Apart from the swelling lip. I'm pretty good now that your next to me" he winked.

I hugged him from the side and said. "he's just a sore loser huh?"

"Definitely"

"Well see you later" I smiled.

"Wait! We're having a party cause we won, and your my date" he said smirking.

Hunter always comes to my mind when he does that. ugh.

"Am I know?" I said crossing my arms and trying to hold in my smile. Which I failed awfully at. lel.

"Yes you are" he said pulling me on his lap and tickling me.

"C-cameron I s-swear!" I said between uncontrollable laughter.

"Don't swear, that's rude!" he smiled.

I rolled my eyes and he lent down to kiss me. I was about to proceed when I remembered his bloody lip. I put a finger to his forehead and said "lip".

He sighed and said "oh yeah. Fuck you lip"

I chuckled and said, "what happened too "don't swear it's rude""

"Dayum gurl" he said in a sassy voice. Even though that was completely of topic and wasn't an answer to my question I laughed and hopped of him.

"Come on. Let's go get Tyler and hazel" I grabbed his hand and led him over to were hazel once was.

Although she wasn't there. She was smooching all over Tyler behind the scoreboard and we both got a clear view from where we were standing.

We ran over and tackled them both, laughing while we did it. There reaction were priceless! We're's a camera when you need one huh?

At that moment I got a phone call, with the ID "hunter".

"One sec guys I have to answer this call!"

I ran over to a secluded area and answered.

"Hey hunter"

"Hey clara", his voice was croaky and shaky which I was immediately worried about.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I need I tell you something" I could hear in his voice that he had been crying.

"Yes? go ahead"

"I'm sick"

"You have the flu?"

"No, a little worse than that"

At that point I knew immediately what was going on.

Hunter had cancer.