Cancer?

"Guys, I have a really bad headache, I think I'll pass on the party and just go home. Hazel, movie night another night Ok?" I managed to say, trying to conceal in my soon to be bursting tears.

I walked until I was out of sight then I started to sprint, as fast as my un fit legs could go. All the way to hunters house on the scary side of town. I reached his house and knocked on the door, by now, my makeup was probably running all down my face and I was choking on breath.

He opened the door. I dove into his chest and he did not move, an, inch. I've always wondered why he was so, rock solid. He's really super fit but not enough to be basically made of steel.

"Hunter are you ok? where's your mum? what's going to happen to you? hunter, why?" I said pushing the hair of his forehead.

His eyes started to water but he held it back, he wanted to stay strong In front of me and that was clear.

"Calm down Clara, everything is going to be alright. I'll explain" was all he said.

I had my head on his lap and for some stupid reason, I was crying more than him. I guess it really got to me that this is real. Cancer is real. And it's such a horrible thing. Hunter was staying strong and doing nothing but caressing me and looking straight ahead. His eyes were bloodshot, from what I thought was lack of sleep, but I'm not sure.

Hunters so called "foster mum" is sending him back, because the hospital bills would be too expensive. But maybe if you didn't fucking spend your money on alcohol you'd be able to find the money. But Hunter loves his "mum", he told me once. Although I can't quite put my finger on why he loves her. He has been with her a while and he knows she only has him so she can get child support money which she spends on alcohol or drugs. Hunter says he doesn't mind, he said he's happy here, he doesn't want to move towns again and have to start a new life, again.

But now, now he has too. Because of hospital bills. And there's nothing I can do about it and that's what kills me. I can't kill his cancer, pay his hospital bills, give him a loving family in this area. I can't.

"Hunter" i said looking into his sea blue eyes.

"Yes princess?" his voice was croaky and his eyes were full of sadness.

"What's going to happen now?"

"I'm not sure Clara. Yesterday is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why it's called the present"

I smiled and said,

"Hunter Smith I think I'm in love with you"

"Clara Peterson I'm not just in love you. I'm in love with the way you smile, the way you go bright red when your embarrassed, the way your so perfect in every single way but are too afraid to admit it. I'm in love with everything about you. Your the only thing that shines in my life and trust me, it's hard to find something that shines in my life. Stay with me until the day I die. Even if that may be closer then we both expected. I love you too"

*2 days later*

"Why have you been so down lately Clara?" Cameron said as we waited in the cafeteria for food.

"My....parents, have been fighting a bit" I said in my best lying voice.

"Well, let me take you out for dinner on Friday night"

"You really don't have too cam" I half smiled.

"No. I don't want you feeling down for whatever reason. Harry's pizza place, 8 O'clock, Friday night" he said.

"Alright" I smiled.

I love hunter. But I love Cameron. I love Cameron so much. I love hunter so much. It might be easy from your point of view, easily saying "just go with hunter" or "just go with cam", because if you were In my situation and you loved two people and you knew you had to give one up. You couldn't. It's like picking between your mum and dad.

Brittany came from behind Cameron In the line, she'd been there the whole time but was hiding behind Cameron's tall figure. She gave me a pathetic smile then strutted off.

You know when you hate someone so much, even them picking up a pencil can frustrate you? Well bloody hell that's how I feel about brittany.