Chapter Twenty

Being taken once again felt so weird even though I've been in multiple relationships. The time between my breakup with Eric was one of the longest periods I've ever had without being genuinely interested in someone, but then Andy came along in her gorgeous charm and glory. It started off with nothing but pure lust but as soon as she opened her mouth, I was trapped in her character. She wasn't like anyone else I've ever met. It was f-cked up but I loved the fact that she did bad sh-t. She did all that f-cked up stuff but still looked at me as if she was the most innocent and loving person on the earth. For her profession, she had such a big heart. She wasn't all bad and I knew that. I could tell by the way she looked at me. Anybody else would run away once they even found out what she did, but maybe I was just a crazy fool. Crazy yet happy.

"Cheers to Delaney and her newfound relationship with Andy. May the two last and not have incredibly loud sex while I'm still in the apartment," Mia screamed to the top of her lungs.

She had already had a few and out of all of my friends, I think I was the only one still in a normal mindset. Andy and I had been dating for a couple of days and the girls thought it was about time they celebrated my walk out of singledom. I thought having a drink or two at home was good enough for a celebration, but of course my friends had to go out. We ended up at a house party full of losers. The stench of weed made me want to puke as soon as I walked into the place. We had been here for thirty minutes and I was already ready to go.

I put on a fake smile and downed the shot with my friends. They cheered and pulled me into an unwanted group hug. They were really enjoying themselves. There were plenty of hot guys for Mia and Tyra to both obsess over and enough cocaine getting snorted for Lisa to enjoy herself, but really there wasn't sh-t for me to do but stand there. I wasn't trying to hook up with anyone. I barely drank. I didn't smoke or do any drugs. So why was I here? I really wished I was with Andy right now, but she had work stuff to do. So, here I was.

In a matter of moments, Tyra and Mia got enough courage to finally talk to two boys who had been staring them down since they walked into the building. I knew neither of them would end of doing anything with them. Tyra loved playing hard to get and so did Mia. They'd probably give them their numbers and never call them. "Well, that leaves me and you, Lisa," I said as I turned to Lisa who was standing on my left. I found myself talking to the air. Literally, where the f-ck did that crackhead run off to!?

I stood there and crossed my arms as I looked around the house. Everyone was doing something, socializing, playing beer pong, keg stands, smoking and there I was, standing there in the kitchen like an idiot. I groaned and leaned against the refrigerator. Should I be clingy and ask Andy to pick me up? Or should I just take an Uber back to my place or should I stay and watch over my drunk friends? The latter seemed to be the most loyal and even thought I hate to admit it, if any of the girls ever died, I'd be broken, even Lisa. That's why I tried my best to keep her off drugs but that obviously wasn't working since she had just run off to most likely do them.

"Having fun?" A guy had walked into the kitchen with a red cup in his hand. He looked familiar. I scrunched up my eyebrows at him.

"Do I know you?"

He chuckled for way too long at that. I stared at him harder and then I shook my head. I couldn't know him. I thought he may had been in my friend group back in college, but he couldn't have been. He had tattoos up and down his arms. All my friends from college were preppy and clean-cut. This guy had a beard, long dark locks and his dialect portrayed he was from a bad neighborhood. His accent was thick and Spanish and his voice was deep and somehow familiar. Could he had lived in Mia's neighborhood or something? Did Rafael have like a fraternal twin or younger brother because he kind of looked like him too? I grabbed my head. Okay, I needed to stop thinking so hard. The liquor was getting back to me.