Chapter Forty-Eight

It was the spookiest night of the year: Halloween. The holidays were my favorite time of the year and I thought Halloween was the perfect kickoff. The scary movies, the change of weather and the candy was the most epic way to begin the end of the year. Every Halloween since I was a teenager, I went out and did something. Whether it was trick or treating, partying or clubbing, something had to be done.

This year, I was lucky to have a girlfriend who took Halloween just as seriously as I did. Apparently, every year Andy's crew threw a party at the main clubhouse in Santa Monica. It was a big deal and she talked to me about it for weeks since it took so much preparation. She wouldn't let me go through the neighborhood for a couple weeks because she wanted the whole thing to be a crazy surprise. I was pretty excited, but I wasn't sure how crazy and how much preparation a Halloween party would need. The buildup was driving me crazy but I felt like I would be left unfulfilled.

"Damn, I can't wait for you guys to see it," Andy told me as she pulled into the neighborhood of the clubhouse. More cars than ever were parked along the streets and all the houses were decorated with orange string lights. Hundreds of people were walking down the streets in costumes and towards the main clubhouse. I knew they were apart of Andy's crew. What fool would attend a party waist deep with crazy ass gangsters? Even wild, teenage me wouldn't pull up to a De Palma Family or any other gang event without an invite.

"Peep how all the cars are black. You can only roll up to the party in a black car," Andy said with a chuckle. She was so eager about this damn party. The closer we got to the clubhouse, the giddier I got as well. Mia was in the backseat staring out the window as if she was a little child ready to jump out and go trick-or-treating. Tyra and Lisa were back there with her, but they were too busy double checking each other's make-up to notice anything.

"Bebé, if all the cars have to be black then why are you rolling in an orange one right now," I asked Andy as I glared over towards her. She had bought an orange ass Maserati sedan just for Halloween purposes as if it was nothing. Let me rephrase that, she spent $150,000 just to drive a car for one f-cking night. Literally, what the f-ck? I wasn't upset but I was sure as hell shocked that she could just throw away money like that. I knew Andy was filthy rich but she was pretty humble with it so to see her just drop 150 grand like that was f-cking mind-blowing, and kind of a turn on.

"I'm the head honcho, darlin'. I can do what I want and it's only right for me to stand out," Andy told me as we pulled up to the clubhouse. There looked like there was literally no way into the house. The lawn was packed in the front and the back. So many people were in the pool, you couldn't even really swim but just stand there. Loud music was blaring and the smell of marijuana knocked me out before I could get out of the car. Andy parked in her reserved spot, which was the only vacant spot on the lot. When she parked her car, everyone standing outside began cheering and I rolled my eyes.

"Do you always have to make a big scene," I asked jokingly. Everyone loved her so every time we went somewhere where her Family was, they cheered and greeted her so much that it was annoying.

"Hey, what can I say? They love me, Woody," Andy told me before leaning over and giving me a tender kiss.

Oh, did I forget to mention? Andy and I had the most adorable f-cking costumes. Before we arrived at the party, I made Mia take over a hundred pictures of us. While I was Woody, Andy was, well, Andy from Toy Story. It was Andy's idea and I f-cking loved it. While Andy was dressed like a wannabe cowboy, I was dressed exactly like Woody and even wrote her name on the bottom of my boots. Honestly, it was the best costume I ever wore for Halloween and I wasn't sure how I could top it.

Mia, Tyra and Lisa dressed as the Hocus Pocus witches but they made it really sexy. The whole crew looked good tonight and I was pretty sure we would have the best costumes at the party. I couldn't wait to see what Andy's friends were wearing. When we got out of the car, it seemed like everyone moved out of the way so we could make our way inside of the clubhouse. As we got closer to the house, I noticed small, minor details like the cobwebs attached to the house and pumpkins and hay spread across the lawn. I could see that taking like a day to prepare but definitely not weeks.