Chapter Thirty-Six

When I walked into the clubhouse, I got a round of applause from everyone who was present. It felt weird walking back into the place after everything that happened but it was good to see that I was still welcomed and had some respect. The clubhouse hadn't changed much. It was still dirty as f-ck with liquor bottles, beer cans, cigarettes, unclaimed underwear and everything else under the sun. The first thing I was going to do when Rafael handed the title of head honcho to me was f-cking order someone to clean all this sh-t up.

After greeting some people, I made my way into the office where me and my friends usually met. Things were going to be so different now. As chiefs, we always gathered there talked things up and then presented them to Jimmy. Now, my friends were going to be bringing me all the intel, ideas and suggestions. In a way, I was going to be their boss and I hoped that wouldn't be too weird. It's not like I was going to be crazy strict, but I didn't want my new role in the gang to strain our friendship. People change once power is gained.

My friends attacked me when I walked into the office. Leo was the first one to run up to me. She picked me up off my feet and squeezed me as if I was a stress ball. When she put me down, Lin jumped on my back and Rafael messed up my hair. It was nice to see them out of the element of a bed in Shawn's hospice. Being around them made me feel much better. I felt the love and it made me realize how much I missed them. The three of them were dear to my heart and a part of my everyday routine. The routine may have been altered for the past couple of weeks but now I was back and better than ever.

"Alright, alright, I get it! You miss me. Stop messing up my shirt. This sh-t is Versace," I complained half-heartedly as I mindlessly fixed my hair.

"Such a pretty girl," Leo scoffed jokingly as she took a seat in one of the swivel chairs. I glanced at the whiteboard that was behind her head. "Welcome back, Andy" was written on the board in bubble letters and there was a pretty sick drawing of me that only Leo could've drawn so well.

"Aye, that's sick! My head's a little too big though," I said as I pointed at the drawing.

"That's because your head is actually a little too big in real life, fool," Rafael jabbed. Everyone laughed as I smacked my lips. My head wasn't big. Was it? I put my hands on the back of my head and began moving them around trying to feel just how big my head was. When I couldn't tell, I pulled out my phone and stared into the camera. Instead of checking the size of my head, I ended up taking selfie. Gold! That one was going on Instagram.

"I think you woke up even more cockier than you were before. I didn't think it was possible but lo and behold," Leo called me out on my selfie.

"Hey, if you guys keep being d-cks to me I'm demoting all of you when I become head honcho," I tried to say with a straight face. I could tell a hint of a smile was showing and my friends didn't take me seriously. They laughed aloud.

"You're talking reckless. Don't make me call Delaney and get her to set you straight," Rafael warned.

I scrunched up my face. "What is Delaney going to do? Not a damn thi-hey, why are you recording me!? Don't send that to Delaney." Leo was howling as I tried to jump across the table to get her phone.

"It already sent, bro! Sit the f-ck down!"

"Why are you guys tormenting me? I thought you guys missed me," I whined as if I was a kid getting bullied on the playground.

"Oh, we do miss you! That's why we're teasing you so," Lin explained justly. "Here, why don't we take a shot? Our homie is back. The squad is complete. The Fantastic Four are back in the game. So, let's take a drink!"

"You've never said anything wiser," Leo agreed.

"I had way too much to drink the day before. I slept for fifteen hours according to Delaney and I still have a killer headache. If you guys want to drink in my honor then go ahead, but I'm straight," I quickly denied. I had to stray away from drinking for a while. That last experience wasn't fun for me or Delaney. I blacked out, was rude as f-ck and got karma with a headache so drinking was dead to me for now.