Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jimmy circled around me with his fists up. A sadistic and cocky smile was on his face as he looked me in the eyes. I peered over to my friends who were confined by his guards. The roaring of the crowd was overwhelming in support for myself, and I knew I couldn't let everyone down. Today was the day that Jimmy would die.

I threw the first punch and with Jimmy's slow reflexes, he was unable to dodge it. I threw another jab, it connected but Jimmy retaliated with a swift uppercut. I stumbled back and spit out blood that filled my mouth. Jimmy laughed as I growled. One good punch and he was already glowing with expected victory but I wasn't going to let that happen.

As if I didn't just get the wind knocked out of me, I began dancing around Jimmy. Thankfully, I took a boxing class when I was younger. My footwork was clean and fast unlike Jimmy's. He was stronger but I was quicker and I was going to use that to my advantage. The game plan was to tire him out and then beat him to a pulp when he had no more energy left.

Jimmy threw a jab at me but it didn't connect. With frustration, he threw a few more which I steadily dodged. I threw my leg up and kicked him in the thigh before sending a gut-wrenching punch to his stomach. He kneeled over and grimaced. I was going to take the time to grab him and knee him the face but Jimmy tackled me to the ground.

I fell down with a thud and the crowd around us stepped back. Though my back was against the floor, I threw punches at Jimmy's face. I knew he had only tackled me to gain advantage and catch a breather but I wasn't giving him any breaks. I brought my knee up and kneed him the stomach. I pushed him off of me and got to my feet.

Jimmy tried his best to get back up on his feet but when he was hunched over, I kicked him in the face. He felt back on the ground as blood poured from his nose. He curled up on his side which granted him a kick to the stomach. I had this. His abdomen had to be killing him by now. I had formed a weak spot and all I needed was to take advantage of it.

"You're going to keep kicking me while I'm down or let me get up," he yelled to me as he laid flat on the ground. He slowly picked himself up off the ground. I decided to be fair. I had the upper hand and if I kept kicking Jimmy while he was down, everyone was going to think I was an unjust coward. When Jimmy got to his feet, he stood up straight and put up his fists.

Once again, I was cavorting around him and dodging every punch he threw. He was breathing heavily and every now and then, he'd grab his stomach in pain. A couple more punches and he was sure to be too exhausted to win. I expected Jimmy to try to punch me again, but this time he grabbed me and pulled me towards him. He headbutted me so hard that I got dizzy and lost control of my stance.

It was like he pulled me into a hug of some sort and then I felt something sharp inside my abdomen. I looked in Jimmy's face as he grinned menacingly. I heard people screaming about how something wasn't fair. My shirt felt wet and I was too scared to look down. For some reason, I couldn't do a damn thing but stare at Jimmy as I slowly fell to the ground. When I fell, Jimmy's bloody fists began crashing against my face. I could hear the awful noises of not only the punches but the reaction of the crowd. F-ck, I couldn't lose. This couldn't f-cking happen. Was I really going to go out like this? What about my friends? What about Delaney?

The punches kept coming, blow after blow. The more punches that came the less pain I felt and the less will I had to defend myself. Jimmy's punches got weaker and weaker as he became tired. The last thing I remembered was one last punch to the face and then everything got quiet. Really quiet. My vision became blurry and I blinked rapidly to try to make things clear again. I blinked one last time, but that time, I didn't open my eyes.

-

"Damn, you're such a bad girl." My eyes slowly fluttered opened under a vibrant light. My body was completely still and I felt like I couldn't move a muscle. I tensed up but calmed down once I heard the familiar voice again. "I can't wait until I get out of here. I'm going to f-ck you so good." What the f-ck? "Zoom in, let me get a closer look." I tried to turn my head toward the voice but I couldn't. There was a silence, and then I heard a woman moaning from a speaker. "Yeah, that's right, b-tch."