Chapter Fifty-Five

"Man, D-ckless was right. It is cold this time of the year," Rafael said as soon as we stepped off the plane. He shivered and looked around the seemingly abandoned landing strip before putting his jacket's hood over his head.

"And wet," Lin added as she looked up at the sky that was drizzling down rain.

It was about thirty degrees and the rain made my hands freeze every time it hit my skin. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket and took a deep breath of relief. Not only did I feel a little closer to Delaney, but I was happy to have my feet back on solid ground. The plane ride was almost thirteen hours and while everyone tried to make things light and entertaining by introducing games and conversation, I spent most of the flight staring out the window and thinking about all the possibilities of what I would do to Diego when I saw him.

My AK was holstered on my side and I was ready to take down Diego and anyone else that stood in my way. Delaney had been with her father for almost 48 hours and I didn't even want to think about how miserable she was. I wasn't wasting any seconds to get to her, so I led off my friends by walking towards two black, off-road Jeeps.

One thing about the De Palma Family, we had factions all over the globe. Iceland may have not been a dominant territory for gang-related activities, but we still had plenty of De Palma members on site. So, it wasn't hard to get ahold of our Iceland faction and ask to use their private landing strip which was driving distance from Diego's hideout. Anton, the leader of Iceland's factions couldn't meet me face to face, but he was courteous enough to leave us the two Jeeps and containers full of gas in case we got lost.

"Can we agree that Luis is now called 'D-ckless," Leo asked with a chuckle as she followed behind me down the strip to the Jeeps.

"Yeah, definitely suits him," Lin said with a shake of her head and a laugh. "You know what's sad, our guys are probably doing far worse damage than what we did. I bet he has at least fifteen of his teeth removed by now. D-ckless is in hell right now."

"Hell's too good for that motherf-cker," Camilo replied vaguely.

"Enough of the joking, we came here for a reason. It's going on 48 hours since Delaney has been with her twisted ass father. This isn't some chill ass vacation." Iceland was beautiful from the mountains to the gloomy atmosphere, but I couldn't focus on that. I could only focus on Delaney.

Camilo drove my Jeep as I sat in the passenger side while the rest of my friends drove in the other. We drove side by side as we went through rough terrain. At one point, Camilo had rolled down his window and yelled out to Rafael who was driving the other Jeep, and asked him if he wanted to race. They raced briefly, like two complete dumbasses, until Rafael nearly drifted off of a motherf-cking cliff. Soon, things weren't so funny for everyone and I was glad. I hated to be that person, but I just wasn't in the joking mood. I understood that they were trying not to make things so heavy and see things in a positive light, but I couldn't get with it.

After a few more minutes of driving in silence with Camilo, he decided to speak up. He briefly looked over to me before looking back forward to the landscape of the gorgeous Iceland. "We're going to get her back. Don't worry about it. Camila's, no, f-ck that, Delaney's strong and she's going to be okay."

"I know. I don't doubt her, but I just have to see it. I won't feel right until I see her and know she's in a good state," I told him dryly.

"I know the feeling. I'm worried about Delaney as well, but she's a fighter. My father is a horrible man. I don't see how I didn't see this before. It's almost like he changed overnight. And my mom, I don't even know where she is and part of me feels like she's not even alive. She would've been reached out towards me, in some kind of way, and I know she wouldn't agree with what he's doing," Camilo openly voiced to me. I could hear the rawness in his voice and I couldn't imagine being in his shoes.