Chapter Forty-Two

It was four in the morning when I got a text from Delaney. The text simply said, 'I'm coming over' with about five emojis winking. I could tell from the extra letters and the obsessive use of emojis that she was drunk as f-ck.

After a long night of trying to find out who was after me and the Family, I could really use some entertainment. I had no leads and the more I thought about who could want us dead, I got even more frustrated. No one came to mind and it was irritating the sh-t out of me. It could be someone hiding in plain sight for all I knew.

I smiled at Delaney's text but then my smile faded. How the hell was she getting here? She better not be drunk driving. Right when I was about to call her, I heard a knock on the door that had a rhythm to it. It sounded like more than one person was knocking, but it was probably just Delaney's drunk ass beating and kicking at the door. The melody of the beat sounded familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

When I opened the door, Delaney and Mia were singing obnoxiously. "And I keep bleeding, I keep, keep bleeding love", they sung in awful unison. I pulled at my ears and frowned at how bad they sounded. They had to be totally wasted. I was expecting only Delaney to come over but it looked like I had double trouble.

As soon as I opened the door, Delaney screamed my name and wrapped her arms around me tightly. "Andy! My bebé! I missed you so f-cking much. Give me a kiss." She pulled away only to grab my cheeks and give me a hard ass kiss. I laughed and placed my hand on the middle of her back. I rubbed it soothingly hoping to possibly calm her down a little.

"Okay, you're cute and everything but don't tell me you drove over here." I peeped over her shoulder to look into the driveway but I didn't see her car. A sigh of relief came over me and I kissed Delaney's temple.

"Do I look like an idiot? Of course, I didn't drink and drive! We got an uber, bebé!" Delaney was holding onto me for dear life. Her hands were grabbing hold onto the back of my shoulder and when she wasn't talking she was attacking me with kisses from my shoulder to my neck.

"Delaney pulled her gun out on someone at the club. It was so badass," Mia finally talked after her brief silence. She had let herself in and was walking around my place like it was hers. I believed it was her first time being in my home. She was touching nearly everything she saw and inspecting simple objects as if she had never saw them before.

"You did what," I yelled at Delaney as I stepped back from her. Me pulling out my gun on someone wasn't a big deal. I had clout with police officers and nearly everyone in the f-cking city. I could get away with anything. Delaney, on the other hand, was a normal citizen. Anything could've happened to her. She could've gotten arrested or someone could've pulled their gun out back at her. She could've died or ruined her chance of pursuing her medical career.

"She deserved it! She was an asshole," Delaney passed it off as if it wasn't a big deal.

"You could've gotten arrested. You could've gotten into a fight. What if they had a gun as well? Were you going to have a f-cking shootout? Darlin', you have to be smarter," I stressed to her. Maybe giving her a gun wasn't the best idea if she was so quick to use it.

Delaney gave me a pout and she let out a mopey whimper. "Don't yell at me, Andy."

"I'm not yelling, darlin'. I just don't want you ruining your future or getting hurt. Get me?" My hands moved down to her hips and I kissed her pouting lips softly.

"Okay, I'll be more careful," she told me before burying her face into my shoulder.

"So, what made you two come over here? Did you come to tell me about all your gangster tales in the club or what?" It wasn't weird for Delaney to show up at my door at four in the morning. This was late night craving time also known as booty call hours but she brought Mia with her. Why would she do that?