Chapter 15

Chapter 15

        I could tell I really liked someone when I wasn't watching a horrible movie because I ended up getting too distracted doing....other things.

       Like, I don't know, maybe, possibly making out with Destiny.

       My lips moved from her lips to her neck, pressing soft kisses onto it.

       "When am I going to get my sour gummy worms?"

       I pulled away from her neck and looked at her, eyebrow raised. "So....sour gummy worms was on your mind the whole time?"

       "Yes. I want sour gummy worms."

       I sighed, but I still had a smile on my face. "Alright, we'll go get you some sour gummy worms. I want some more beef jerky anyway. And maybe some other people will see us holding hands and get mad at me, and I can tell them to suck it."

       "Aww, we're going to be holding hands," Destiny said. "Well, that's until I get the sour gummy worms because then I'll be too busy eating them."

       I chuckled and gave her another kiss before getting off of the couch, then helping her up. I turned off the TV, then grabbed my wallet, keys, and phone before we left my house. I then intertwined my hand in hers and she gave me a smile before we started walking to the grocery store.

       So, I didn't end up being single for a long time but then again, what was I going to do when I was single? I already had feelings for Destiny, so it wasn't like I was just going to go out and hook up with random girls.

       Besides, I knew Destiny wasn't going to be so controlling like Courtney was. She wouldn't care if I napped for hours and didn't answer her calls. She didn't hate the horrible movies I watch. Whenever we go on a date, we would probably both end up late.

       ....So technically, that would make us both on time.

       On our way to the store, I saw Courtney walking with Alex an it wasn't long before they both spotted us. "So it's true," Courtney said. "You did dump me for her."

       "No," I said. "I dumped you because you cheated on me. I didn't even realize I had feelings for her until you cheated on me. And I am really getting sick of everyone bitching at me about not giving you another chance. It's not happening, so I suggest you move on like I did."

       Not in the mood for the conversation to continue, I pulled Destiny away from them and continued our walk to the grocery store. I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before my parents found out and decide whine like little babies about it.

       I really wish I knew why.

       When we got to the grocery store, we first went to the candy section and Destiny began filling up a bag with sour gummy worms.

       "So, I guess this means you're not going to Australia," I said.

       "I have to admit, I was never going in the first place," she said.

       "So....you already decided not to go?" I asked.

       "Nope, there wasn't a decision," she said. "I wasn't offered to go study abroad. Ariella knew I liked you, so she told me to say I did to see how you would react."

       "You lied to me?"

       "Yeah, sorry...."

       "Eh, I can't blame you. I am really likable."

       Destiny smiled at that. "You really are. I honestly thought I didn't have a chance. I mean, I'm seventeen, you're twenty."

       "Yeah, but in the end, it's not going to matter," I said. "There are married couples out there who are at least three years apart. Besides, I really do like you. I haven't even liked Courtney this much before."

       "And I really like you too," Destiny said, still smiling, so I couldn't help but kiss her again. I loved seeing her smiling so much.

       Destiny finished filling the bag of gummy worms, way less than I expected her to do, so I told her to fill up more. She kept refusing, saying she didn't want me to spend too much money on her, so I told her she would have to share with me then.

       After she filled up the bag even more, we went to grab a few bags of beef jerky before heading to the check-out where Ariella was working at today. "So Alex and Courtney were in here," Ariella said as she scanned the items. "I heard Alex tell my sister that you two are dating, but Courtney didn't believe her."

       "She does now," I said, taking my wallet out. "They saw us walking here."

       "Wait, so you two are actually dating?" Ariella asked.

       I nodded. "Yeah, she tricked me. Apparently, someone told her to fake that she was going to study abroad."

       Ariella looked at Destiny. "I thought you wanted to wait for a bit so we could be single for a while."

       "Well, I did, but then he got me to fake being his girlfriend in front of Alex," Destiny said. "Thus all those glorious gummy worms."

       "Aww, that means I can't blackmail anymore...." Ariella said.

       "Blackmail whom?" I asked.

       "My parents," Ariella said. "I know the real reason everyone is pressuring you to forgive Courtney, but now that you're dating Destiny, it's obviously not going to happen."

       "It wasn't going to happen in the first place."

       "Yeah, I know," she said. "But they wouldn't have known that. Anyway, I think it's fair you know the truth. You see, there's a deal going on with my family's hotel and your family's restaurant. My dad offered to help your dad expand The Gold Mind by putting some in our hotels, but the only way that will happen is if your family keeps my family happen. Unfortunately, someone in my family isn't so happy at the moment."

       "That's....so stupid," I said. "So my parents are basically forcing me to stay with someone I don't even love just so The Gold Mine will expand?"

       "Yeah, pretty much," Ariella said. "You going to tell them?"

       "Nope," I said, taking out my phone. "I'm going to piss them off instead."

       "How are you going to do that?" Destiny asked.

       "Well, by making sure a lot of people know that I have a different girlfriend," I said. "We are going online official."

       Destiny dramatically gasped. "But that is such a big step."

       "You see?" Ariella asked. "This is why I like the two of you better than you and Courtney, Dan. She doesn't get you at all whereas Destiny is basically a girl version of you."

       "I know," I said. "She actually understands and appreciate my jokes, unlike a certain someone." I finished with my phone. "There. Dan Goldsworth is in a relationship with Destiny Simms."

       "Ooh, would it be self-centered if I like that post?" Destiny asked as she took out her phone. "I'm totally doing that."

       "And once I am on my break, I will not only like it, but I will comment on it too," Ariella said. "Show my sister who's boss. Anyway, you're holding up the line, Dan. Geez."

       I rolled my eyes and paid for the items before taking the bag as Destiny and I left the grocery stored. Now, I just had to wait for my parents' reaction.

       I was going to love this.

________________

Lol, I was out of bed an hour earlier than normal, so I had time to write this before I go to school. cx And now, I shall get ready for school and cry because I'm not allowed to eat in this class. :(