Chapter 20

Shout out to always__be_happy for the cover! (I kept forgetting to post it I'm so sorry

Shout out to always__be_happy for the cover! (I kept forgetting to post it I'm so sorry. cx)

Chapter 20

       Today was one of my favorite times of the year. Since Spruceworth was a small village with such a close community, my grandpa always insisted on having celebrations throughout the year for holidays and events such as Halloween, Christmas, New Year's.

       Two of my favorites were definitely Halloween and Christmas. For Halloween, which was today, there was always a bunch of fun things to do; like a haunted house, buying a bunch of candy apples, mazes, costume contests, and a lot more.

       For the previous two years, I didn't get to go to the celebration in the main part of the village because Courtney refused to go, saying it was too 'childish'. It really wasn't, but I didn't bother arguing with her.

       I didn't even have to ask Destiny to know she would want to go. She was a sucker for candy and there were going to be a lot of candy there. 

       Well, I mean, I hoped she would want to go. Then again, even if she didn't, I knew she would be fine if I went. She never insisted us being by each other's side twenty-four seven. In fact, one time I asked if she wanted to hang out and she told me no because she wanted to nap.

       So I napped too.

       It was a good nap.

       I knocked on the door to Destiny's house and waited for a few moments before she opened it. "So, did your grandpa tell you about the celebration in the village?" I asked.

       Destiny shook her head. "No. What celebration?"

       I told her about the Halloween celebration every year and some of the events that were going to be there.

       "So....does that mean food?" Destiny asked.

       "Lots and lots of food," I said.

       "Then I'm totally in," she said. "Are costumes required?"

       "No, but most people dress up anyway," I said. "Want to do a costume together? We can go to the costume shop now and get one."

       "Sure," Destiny said. "Just let me put my shoes and a sweater on and grab my wallet."

       When she was ready, I led her to the costume shop so we could find a costume. Unfortunately, since it was Halloween, it was very crowded and there probably wasn't many costumes left.

       Luckily, we were able to find some costumes after all. After we paid for them,we went over to my house. "What time does the celebration usually start?" she asked.

       "Around six," I said. "That gives us a few hours to watch some movies or do something else?"

       "Like napping? I like napping."