Chapter 26

You're going to be meeting the main character of the second book in this chapter. :D

Chapter 26

       When night fell, Destiny and I were walking all around Spruceworth. It was always a beautiful sight with all the lights streamed around the buildings and Christmas decorations set up. Even the families that didn't celebrate any of the holidays always joined in and hanging lights up.

       It was even better with the light snowfall. Winter was definitely one of my favorite seasons; the snow, the hot drinks, curling up at the fireplace, forcing Destiny to cuddle with me. 

       "You know, I'm really glad I live here," Destiny said as we continued walking around Spruceworth. "I'm not happy about the reason why I ended up moving here, but I really love it here. It's beautiful and amazing."

       "Yeah, it is," I said. "The holidays is one time a year where everyone comes together. We always have a huge festival, and to be all-inclusive, we just call it a winter festival. There are a lot of things for each holiday, but if someone doesn't celebrate, they can still show up at the festival and feel included."

       "When is the festival?" Destiny asked.

       "The day before Christmas Eve," I said. "A lot of businesses close then to take part of the festival since there will be a lot of free food, so the diner is being closed that day, as well as Christmas day. Even if it wasn't, I wouldn't schedule me to work then. The huge advantage of owning the diner."

       "It does make things a lot easier when we want to hang out," Destiny said before stopping in her tracks. "And I want to thank you again for naming the restaurant after my parents. It shows me how much you really care about me."

       "I do care a lot," I said. "And I love you a lot. You are the best thing that ever happened to me."

       "I love you too," Destiny said.

       I leaned down to kiss her, but she stopped when we heard someone call her name. "Really?" I asked. "You can still kiss me. Who cares about them?"

       "No, he sounded familiar," Destiny said as she started looking around.

       "Obviously, if he knows your name."

       Destiny ignored me, still trying to find out who called her name. The same voice then yelled out, "Over here, you blind woman!"

       Destiny's eyes then landed on two guys, one who looked like he was in his mid-teens and the other looking around my age. I had never seen either of them before, and I know everyone in this village. Sure, I may not know everyone's names, but I knew everyone's faces.

       Destiny smiled widely. "Horatio!" she said before hurrying over to the two of them and giving the one around my age a huge hug.

       Yeah, thanks for leaving me, Destiny.

       I sighed and walked over to the two of them. Destiny and who I was guessing was Horatio were now talking. The other boy was just looking down at his phone. "What are you doing here?" Destiny asked.

       "My parents wanted to come here for once during the holidays," Horatio said. "Besides, it wouldn't cost any money since we'll be staying at Grandpa's. Our parents are already there. We just wanted to walk around. Spruceworth is really beautiful."

       "Yeah, it is," Destiny said.

       I then cleared my throat, quite loudly, and Destiny looked over at me. "Oh, sorry," she said before looking back at the two boys. "Horatio, Kenny, this is my boyfriend, Dan." She looked at me. "Dan, these are my cousins, Horatio and Kenny. Horatio is nineteen and Kenny is fifteen."

       "Hey," I said to Horatio since Kenny was still on his phone. "How do you like Spruceworth so far?"

       "It's amazing," he said. "We live in a big city, so it's nice getting away from all the traffic noises and people shouting at each other. And there are a lot of cute girls here. Right, Kenny?"

       Kenny looked up from his phone and at Horatio. "Huh?"

       "Cute girls," Horatio repeated. "There are a lot, right?"

       Kenny didn't reply as he looked back at his phone.

       "You could at least agree with me," Horatio said.

       "Why?" Kenny asked. "I don't pay attention to girls. I'm only fifteen. I don't care."

       "Oh, come on, fifteen isn't too young."

       "It is for me."

       "You're lame."

       "Is all you think about girls?" Destiny asked.

       "Yeah, basically," Horatio said, his eyes then landing on something. Well, probably someone. "Oh, like that one. She's cute."

        I followed his gaze and gagged. "No. Definitely not."

        "You're only saying that because you have a girlfriend," Horatio said. "That's standing right beside you."

        "No, I was saying that because that's my ex," I said. 

        "Oh," Horatio said. "She's still cute."

        "She cheated on me," I said. "And she called Destiny a boyfriend-stealing slut."

        "Wow, look at that. It's like she suddenly isn't cute anymore....Does she have any sisters?"

        Destiny sighed and looked at me. "He does this a lot. All he talks and thinks about is girls, yet he can't even have a girlfriend for a week."

       "Hey, that's only because I don't want to lead them on," Horatio said. "If I don't see a future with them, I end things. I'm in it for a future, not for the drama. Although, I do love drama...."

       "Can we go back now?" Kenny spoke up. "My phone's almost dead."

       "Then deal with it," Horatio said. "Your life doesn't revolve around your phone." Kenny just looked at Horatio. "Fine, we'll go back."

       "Ooh, can you tell Grandpa I probably won't be home at night," Destiny said. "I'm going to Dan's."

       "Oh, how interesting."

       "Not like that. We're going to having a Christmas movie marathon. He has a lot saved on his DVR, so we're probably going to be staying up all night watching them."

       "And doing other things."

       "Just shut up and go."

       Horatio just wiggled his eyebrows before he and Kenny left.

       "I'm sorry about him," Destiny said.

       "Nah, he seems cool," I said. "Kind of like a mini-Enzo, but less crazy."

       "Yeah, basically," she said. "Now let's go watch some movies."

_______________

Guys, Kenny is my new cinnamon roll. Sorry, Logan, Kenny is replacing you. Well, until Rhys's story comes out. cx THEN RHYS WILL BE MY ONE AND ONLY FOREVER CINNAMON ROLL.

Now I'm craving cupcakes. Don't ask how I went from cinnamon rolls to cupcakes. Probably because I actually have cupcakes.

So, Horatio and Kenny will probably be here for another chapter or two since I am doing some time skips FOR THE REAL DRAMA TO BEGIN. :D