Chapter 31

Chapter 31

       I was walking back home from the grocery store, carrying a few bags in my hand when Courtney walked up to me. "I can't believe you," she said.

       "Yeah, you're going to have to expand on that," I said. 

       "For the six years we dated, you were always careful," Courtney said. "How could you get your girlfriend now, the one you've only had for four months, pregnant?"

       I just stared at her for a bit. "Where did you hear about that?"

       "It doesn't matter," she said.

       "Uh, yeah, it does, because whoever told you had no business doing so," I said. "You know what? Forget it, I know exactly who told you."

       I started walking passed her, and she tried stopping me. "I wasn't done talking to you," she said.

       "Yeah, you are," I said, turning to face her. "We broke up months ago and there is no way in hell that you and I are ever getting back together, so stop thinking you have a say in whatever happens in my life. So stop trying to talk to me, and stop trying to undermine Destiny while you're at it."

       She still tried stopping me, but I ignored her and continued walking to my house. When I got inside, I placed the groceries on the counter and quickly put away the items that had to be refrigerated in the fridge before leaving once my house.

       Destiny was walking home from school and was about to walk up to her house when she saw me. "Hey," I said. "You wouldn't believe what my mom did."

       Destiny wrapped her arms around herself and sighed. "Whatever it is she did, I'll probably believe it."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

       "I was kicked out of the play," Destiny said. "Your mom didn't want me to ruin the 'image' of the play."

       "Are you serious?" I asked.

       Destiny nodded. "Yeah. After all the hard work I did learning all the lines and the songs and the blocking to not get kicked out, I get kicked out anyway."

       I scoffed. "She's really unbelievable. I was on my way over to my parents house to get mad at my mom. She told Courtney."

       "She did?" Destiny asked.

       "Yeah," I said. "And I am going to go get mad at her."

       I walked passed Destiny and went up to my parents' house. I knocked on the door, really hoping my mom was home. She was. Mom was the one who opened door. 

       "Can we talk?" I asked.

       "Yeah, of course," Mom said, letting me in the house.

       As soon as the door was closed, I blew up. Well, not really, but I did snap at her. "I can't believe you," I said. "Why would you tell Courtney that Destiny is pregnant?"

       "She should know," Mom said.

       "What?" I asked. "No, she shouldn't. She's my ex and she has no business with what's going on in my romantic life. You had no right to tell her, or anyone, that Destiny is pregnant."

       "Daniel...."

       "I wasn't finished," I said. "And why would you kick Destiny out of the play? She worked really hard to make sure she stayed in, even if she was only an understudy. She learned all the lines and the songs during the two weeks of winter break, and she knows all the blocking just so she wouldn't be kicked out when chances are, she wouldn't even be performing anyway."

       "It was my choice," she said. "I don't want someone who's pregnant in the play. The audience would be able to tell."

       "No, they wouldn't because the play is next month and she won't even be showing then," I said. "You just don't want Destiny to be in the play, which was why you made her an understudy."

       "No, I made her an understudy because she didn't fit any of the characters, and it's mandatory that everyone who auditions gets a role," she said.

       "What?" I asked. "She does fit a character. The lead and all the actors agree with it. Ariella even thinks Destiny suits the lead better, and she's the one playing the lead."

       "Daniel, what I did was my choice and you're not going to change my mind," Mom said.

       Dad came down the stairs just then and when he saw us, he walked over. "What's going on?"

       "Oh, nothing out of the ordinary," I said. "Just Mom worshiping the ground Courtney walks on."

       "I do not!" Mom said. "I just think of her as my daughter because you two have dated for so many years."

       "Yeah, I get it," I said. "But what about Destiny? What about the girl, my girlfriend, who's carrying your grandchild? You treat Courtney like she's royalty and you treat Destiny like she's crap!"

       "Daniel, don't talk to your mother like that," Dad said.

       "Why can't I?" I asked. "It's true. All she cares about is Courtney's feelings, and she doesn't even care about mine. She kicked Destiny out of the play for being pregnant, even though she won't be showing during the performance and she worked so hard to make sure she stayed in. The only reason why she was an understudy was because Courtney was jealous of Destiny and didn't want her to take the lead."

       "That is not true," Mom said.

       "It is," I said. "All of it is true. You don't care about how I feel as long as Courtney is happy."

       "Of course I care about how you feel," Mom said.

       "No, you don't!" I said and by now, there were tears in my eyes. "You don't care how happy Destiny is making me. You don't care that she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have never felt this way about anyone before and I'm so happy to have her in my life. And even though it wasn't planned, I am so happy that we will be having a baby together because no matter what, we will always be connected. And when the baby is born and when I'm holding him or her for the first time, I will be the happiest person in the world, because Destiny means the world to me and my baby will mean the world to me. And if you can't understand that, then I don't want anything to do with you anymore, and I certainly won't want you to have anything to do with your own grandchild."

       I left their house, admittedly slamming the door behind me.

___________________

Ooh drama. TEARS ALWAYS WORK, RIGHT lunagust?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

I am seriously so excited for the second book. Even the first chapter will be very drama filled. cx Nine more chapters of this book left. I'll probably write one every day BECAUSE I JUST WANT THE SECOND BOOK TO COME.