Chapter 27

I can't believe I didn't remember that I already used the name Kenny as one of MY MAIN CHARACTERS. Lol, sorry Cannon, but you're not the only Kenny in my book world anymore.

I would change this Kenny's name, but I'm not because 1) People mainly know Cannon as Cannon and not Kenny. 2) I can't think of any other name that will suit him. I just can't. And 3) It's totally fine if I use some of the same names. cx There are multiple Kennys in the world. cx

Chapter 27

       Once night was beginning to fall, the winter festival was getting more lively. Most people, like myself, would rather wait until it was starting to get darker outside to join in on the festival because of all the lights set up and the snow lightly falling.

       And I was too lazy to get up earlier and leave. Same with Destiny.

       We were finally able to leave our houses and head to the part of the village where the festival was taking place. The first thing we did when we got there was went over to the booth selling hot chocolate. Destiny and I both bought one before we began walking around.

       Destiny soon spotted her cousins with both Enzo and my grandpa, so she gently grabbed my arm and led me over to them. Kenny, like yesterday when I first met him, was on his phone while Horatio, Enzo, and Grandpa were talking.

       Horatio looked over at me and Destiny. "You two are so lucky living here," he said. "This festival is awesome and your mayor is pretty cool."

       "Oh, I'm touched," Grandpa said, resting his hand on his heart.

       "Yeah, Spruceworth is amazing," Destiny said. "I'm glad I'm living here."

       "I'm so tempted to move down here," Horatio said. "There are just so many cute girls." He then nudged Kenny's side, and Kenny looked up at Horatio. "Right?"

       "Right, what?"

       "The cute girls. There are a lot."

       Kenny looked annoyed as he looked back at his phone. "I told you, I don't care."

       "Aww, come on, don't be like that," Horatio said. "When are you going to finally get your first girlfriend?"

       "I don't want one," Kenny said. "I'm fifteen and I don't care about getting one. Can you just back off?" He then walked away, looking even more annoyed.

       "What's up with him?" Destiny asked.

       Horatio shrugged. "Don't know. He's been very touchy lately."

       "Maybe you should lay off a bit then," Destiny said.

       "No way," Horatio said. "He's my younger brother and it's my duty as an older brother to bug him. But I am going to go be nice and see if he's okay."

       After he left, Enzo looked at Destiny. "So, did you have fun watching movies at Dan's all night long?" he asked.

       "Yeah, we watched a lot," Destiny said, not even noticing the emphasized words. That, or she was ignoring them.

       "I'm sure you did," Enzo said. "You must have watched a lot."

       Grandpa knew what Enzo was trying to get at and decided to join in. "Did you make sure you put the CD's back in its cases. It's protection?"

       "You're unbelievable," I said.

       "What?" Grandpa asked. "I want to make sure those CD's are safe."

       "You're so funny," I said sarcastically. "Now if you'll excuse us, we're going to walk away from our very annoying grandfathers."

       I started walking away and Destiny quickened her pace to catch up to me. "Come on, it's pretty funny," Destiny said.

       "Not really, no."

       "You're too uptight."

       "Really? Me? Uptight? I'm one of the calmest people ever."

       "True, but not when our grandpas are joking around like that. Then you get too uptight."

       "Yeah, whatever."

       I saw Horatio walked back in this direction, without Kenny so I was guessing the talk didn't go to well. "Kenny isn't staying at the festival?" Destiny asked Horatio.

       Horatio shook his head. "No, he just wanted to head back to Grandpa's. He didn't even want to talk to me, which I kind of understand because I have been annoying him, but still. The festival is awesome and he's missing out. I mean, there are a lot of girls here."

       "Is that all you care about?" Destiny asked.

       "Uh, yeah," Horatio said. "You should know by now." His eyes then landed on Ariella walking with Courtney and Alex. Ariella soon looked over at Horatio and he gave her a smile and one of those what's up nods.

       Ariella smiled softly back before she and her sister and cousin walked passed us.

       "It's official," Horatio said. "She's the cutest of them all. Who is that?"

       "Her name's Ariella," I said. "She's my ex's sister."

       "Aww...."

       "Oh, don't worry, Ariella is nothing like Dan's ex," Destiny said. "In fact, she's my best friend here."

       "I thought I'm your best friend," I said.

       "No, you're my boyfriend," Destiny said. "Besides, you have two best friends, so Ariella is my best friend."

       "Yeah, fair enough," I said.

       "So, is Ariella single?" Horatio said. "Because I'd love to go out with her."

       "What happened to you never wanting to be in a relationship longer than a week if you don't see it going anywhere?" Destiny asked. "You should get to know someone first before seeing if you want to get into a relationship with them."

       "Yeah, that's what Des and I did," I said. "And we're still going strong. Besides, aren't you only here for the week? Isn't it going to be hard going out with her if you don't live here?"

       "No," he said. "Long-distance relationships are things. But I do see your point. Oh, well. I'm going to go see if I can find anything that will make Kenny feel better because he looked really upset and I feel bad for causing it."

       "Doesn't he like chocolate bark?" Destiny asked. "You know, with mini M&Ms and crushed candy cane on top?"

       "Oh yeah, he does," he said. "Why? Do they sell them here?"

       Destiny nodded. "Yeah, there's a booth close to where Grandpa and Eldon are. It's right beside the hot beverage one."

       "Sweet," Horatio said before walking off.

________________

I don't know HOW I DIDN'T REMEMBER CANNON'S REAL NAME IS KENNY. I have failed as an author....

Jk jk. I really couldn't change this Kenny's name. I tried, but I was only imagining him as a Kenny and nothing else lol. SORRY, CANNON. 

It's official that either chapter 29 or 30 is when we hit the drama mark. VOTE WHICH ONE YOU WANT. Do you want the real drama to start on chapter 29 or 30?