Chapter 28

Chapter 28

       I knocked on the front door of Destiny's house, then I waited for her to answer it. When she wasn't answering, I rang the doorbell and waited.

       And she still didn't answer.

       I sighed. Enzo was at work, so he wasn't going to answer it and if Destiny wasn't answering, then she was obviously sleeping.

       So I kept ringing the doorbell until she finally answered the door and I could tell she was indeed sleeping. Her hair was a bit messy and her eyes looked like they were trying to close on her. "Aww, were you napping?" I asked.

       Destiny glared at me --well, as best as she could while looking tired. "Yes. So thanks for waking me up."

       "I'm sorry," I said before holding out my arms. "Come on, I want a hug." Destiny dragged her feet over to me and I wrapped my arms around her while all she did was keep her head rested on my chest. "Happy birthday."

       "So you woke me up just to say happy birthday to me?" she asked. "You couldn't have texted me and waited for me to wake up to look at the message?"

       "No, I couldn't," I said. "I wanted to say it in person and give you one of my amazing hugs."

       "Well, your hugs are amazing," she said. "And thank you for the birthday wish. But...."

       "You still want to nap, don't you?" I asked and she nodded. "Well, then I have to go nap with you. I'm a bit tired too. I've been having to wake up early every single day to unlock the diner. I'm not used to waking up early."

       "Waking up early sucks," she said. "I can't wait until I'm out of high school so I don't have to wake up early. Well, unless I have an early shift...."

       "Hey, you're the other owner, so I don't have to give you an early shift if you don't want one," I said. "Now let me in. I want to nap."

       "No, let's go nap at your house," she said. "Your house is better."

       "But it's so far," I whined.

       "You're the one who chose to walk here."

       "....Fine, we'll go to my house."

       Destiny grabbed her keys and put her shoes on before walking out of the house, then locked the door. We headed back to my house and as soon as she walked in, she flopped down on the couch. "I'm napping here," she said.

       "Why?" I asked. "My bed is comfier."

       "I know, but the couch is closer."

       I chuckled and took my shoes off as well before walking over and laying down on the couch beside her. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. "So, after out nap, what do you want to do?" I asked.

       "Watch horrible movies and pig out on food."

       "Really? That's it? You don't want to go out anywhere?"

       "No. I'm not really someone who likes going out places. I'd rather just stay in."

       "Fair enough. When we wake up, we'll go buy a lot of snacks to watch horrible movies. Sour gummy worms, beef jerky, ooh and we can even have some fondue."

       "Sounds perfect."

       Destiny was the first one to wake up after we napped, mainly because she actually napped beforehand so she didn't need as much sleep as me. When I woke up, I saw her by the DVD case, taking out some movies we hadn't seen yet and she wanted to watch.

       She must have heard me sit up because she looked over at me and smiled. "You're really cute when you sleep," she said.

       "Please, I'm cute all the time," I said.

       "That, you are. I picked out some movies I haven't watched yet. You're running out of movies I haven't watched. Pretty soon, I'm going to see all of these, and then I'll be bored."

       "There's nothing wrong with watching the same movie more than once. Some of them I've seen about twenty times."

       "I know, but I'd rather watch a movie I haven't seen yet. You need to upgrade your movie collection."

       "I will soon. We should head to the store to get some snacks."

       "Okay." Destiny stood up and we walked to the front door. After putting our shoes on, I grabbed my keys and wallet. Once we were out of the house, I locked the door behind us. We went to the grocery store and bought some snacks before heading back to the house.

       Destiny set the snacks on the table while I went to the kitchen to get my fondue pot and start making chocolate fondue. While it was heating up, I grabbed some strawberries and bananas and chopped them up before placing them in a bowl. In a smaller bowl, I put a free pretzels in there before bringing all of it to the living room.

       "Ooh, that looks good," Destiny said as she sat down on the couch with the remote in her hand. "See? This is how someone should spend their birthday. A bunch of snacks and really horrible movies."

       "Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're one of the few people who loves rally horrible movies," I said as I sat down beside her. "I mean, everyone else is missing out. Horrible movies are the best."

       "Exactly," she said. "You know, with all the friends I had before I moved here, none of them liked it. I was always watching them by myself and they thought I had bad taste in movies because of it. They wouldn't even invite me to the movie theatre with them because they thought I would ruin it."

       "That's harsh," I said. "Eh, it's in the past," she said. "Now, I have someone who shares me love of naps and horrible movies. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend."

       I smiled at her. "And I definitely couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. Now let's start the movie and start pigging out on snacks."

       For the first half of the movie, Destiny and I were enjoying it. We were laughing, trying to guess what the next line was going to be, and eating the wonderful snacks.

       Then she grew quiet.

       "You okay?" I asked.

       Destiny looked at me and nodded. "Yeah. It just hit me that....that it's my first birthday without my parents. Even though I miss them, I got used to them not being around, but....This is basically what we would do on my birthdays; sitting in and watch movies. Not horrible movies, because my mom didn't like them, but we would still do what you and I are doing now. It just reminded me of them."

       I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm really sorry you don't have them anymore. And I'll do anything to make you feel better. Anything, name it."

       Destiny shook her head. "Me being with you already makes me feel a lot better. It's just the memories getting back to me right now. I'll be fine, I promise."

       "You sure?"

       "Yeah," she said. "It's just a feeling. It comes and goes, like it did on Christmas."

       "Okay," I said. "If you ever want to talk about them, I'll be glad to listen."

       "I know. Thanks for being here."

       "Of course."

_________________

Lol, my mom loves horrible movies where the graphics and acting are so bad. They really are awesome.

So, most of you wanted the drama to start chapter 29, so I will go work on that now. DRAMAAAAAAAAA.