Chapter 16

Chapter 16

       It actually didn't take long for my parents to find out I was now dating Destiny. They were probably stalking me online anyway, since they always had to know what I did and when I did it.

       I knew a lecture was coming and now that Ariella told me the truth about it, it really mad sense; why Mom was listening to everything Courtney said about the play, why they kept telling me to get over it. Everything.

       Destiny and I got to my house and while I was unlocking the door, I heard my grandpa yell," Hey, Enzooooooooooo!"

       I looked at my old house, seeing Grandpa leaning out the window on the top floor. Shortly after in Destiny's house, Enzo opened the window and leaned out. "What?!"

       "Our grandchildren our dating!"

       "What?!"

       "Our grandchildren! They're dating!"

       "Destiny and Dan?!"

       "Yeah! He confirmed it online! They're online official and everything!"

       "Dan and Destiny?!"

       "Yes!"

       "Eyyyyyyy!"

       "Eyyyyyyy!"

       "Oh my gosh, they're so weird," Destiny said, and I guess they heard because they both looked over at us.

       "Dan! You better not hurt her or I will kill you!" Enzo said.

       "I don't plan on it!" I said right as I unlocked the door to my house.

       "Good! Destiny, if he ever hurts you, please tell me! I will kill him!"

       "He's not going to hurt me, Grandpa! And will you calm down?! We just started dating, like, today!"

       "Yeah, whatever!"

       I rolled my eyes and opened the door. However, Grandpa decided to be a huge pest before Destiny and I could walk inside.

       "Hey, Dan! Make sure you use a condom!"

       "Grandpa!"

       Destiny, on the other hand, found it hilarious and started laughing, so I gently pushed her inside my house before flipping off my grandpa and walking inside. I sighed and closed the door behind me. 

       "I have no idea why he was elected as the mayor," I said. "He's so childish."

       "Oh, come on, that was funny," Destiny said.

       "Funny? That was downright embarrassing. Other people were walking by at the time."

       "Dan, seriously, relax," Destiny said. "We're just going to be watching movies anyway, while eating this delicious supply of sour gummy worms."

       "Yeah, you're right," I said. "It was still embarrassing. How about you go pick a movie and I'll get more snacks."

       "Is this all we're going to do for our whole relationship?" Destiny asked as she went to the movie case and I went to the kitchen. "Watch horrible movies and pig out on food?"

       "Yes."

       "I'm surprisingly okay with that."

       I grabbed a bag of chips and two cans of pop before heading back to the living room and sitting on the couch. Destiny decided that we should continue the movie we were watching before we....got distracted.