Chapter 35 | Final Chapter

Chapter 35

       One thing I liked about owning a diner was that I got to eat there for free. All the employees got a discount, but I was able to eat free because I felt like it. I never got the waiters or waitresses to serve me, though. I would always cook the food myself and bring it to one of the tables to eat.

       After making some nachos and two milkshakes, one for me and one for Destiny, I carried them to the table Destiny was already sitting at. I sat down at the table and set her strawberry milkshake in front of her and the nachos in the center of the table.

       "I'm starving," Destiny said as she reached for a nacho, grabbing one with a huge amount of cheese laying across. "That's one thing I don't like about being pregnant; the fact that I'm always hungry."

       "I'm always hungry anyway."

       Destiny smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, I know."

       The door to the diner opened and Ariella walked inside. She spotted me and walked over. "I've been looking everywhere for you," she said. She then spotted the nachos and sat down beside Destiny. "Ooh, nachos. Don't mind if I do."

       "Where else would I be?" I asked. "Besides me home, that is."

       "Yeah, whatever," she said. "I wanted to tell you that the deal finally went through. The one with my family's hotels and The Gold Mine."

       "Really?" I asked. "I thought Courtney was trying to prevent it from happening."

       "She was," Ariella said. "But my mom and I were able to convince my dad that we should do the deal anyway because our hotels and The Gold Mine had nothing to do with you and Courtney. It took a while because Courtney kept whining and saying that she will only be reminded of the break up every time she went to the hotel."

       "I don't know how," I said.

       "Exactly," Ariella said. "Which is why I said to her 'You don't want to be reminded that you cheated on Dan in the first place?' It worked. She stopped whining, so the deal has officially gone through. Literally. Your parents just signed the contract."

       "I hope that means I don't have to deal with my mom trying to get me back together with Courtney," I said.

       "She's still doing that?" Ariella asked.

       "Yeah, even after I told my parents that Destiny is pregnant," I said. "My dad has accepted it. My mom, not so much."

       "You think she will?" Ariella asked.

       "Probably," I said. "That doesn't mean I'm going to forgive her right away though."

       "Why not?" Destiny asked. "Isn't that what you wanted? For your parents to try mending your relationship."

       "Yeah, but if my mom chooses to do so now, it would only prove that she cared more about the deal than her own son's feelings," I said. "My dad, on the other hand, finally realized that he shouldn't put the deal in front of me."

       "He actually talked to me recently when I was walking home from school," Destiny said. "He apologized for making it seem like he didn't like me. I'm just happy I can actually talk to one of your parents now. It was awkward no talking to my boyfriend's parents."

       "And speaking of...." I said, watching both Dad and Mom walk into the diner. I really hoped Mom wouldn't try apologizing to me just because the deal was over.

       Dad got a table and Mom walked over to me. "Daniel, can we talk?" she asked.

       I knew it.

       "Yeah, sure," I said, getting up from the table and walked to a corner of the diner where there weren't any tables.

       "I just wanted to apologize," she said. "I shouldn't have tried getting you back together with Courtney, especially after you started dating Destiny."

       "Really?" I asked. "So, in other words, you don't have to worry about keeping Courtney happy because the deal went through, right?"

       "No, of course not," Mom said. "I realized I was wrong."

       "I doubt it's a coincidence that you realized that right after the deal went through," I said. "Sorry, but I'm not going to forgive you yet."

       "Daniel, I really am sorry," Mom said.

       "Even if you are, you do not know how much it hurt for you to do what you did," I said. "You kept telling me to get over the fact that Courtney cheated on me. You kept saying Destiny wasn't right for me when she is. You kept choosing Courtney's side and went as far as to kick Destiny out of the play. Yeah, she ended up performing in the end, but that's because you had no other choice. She worked really hard learning everything so she could stay in and you kicked her out. Courtney probably told you to, didn't she?"

       "No, it was my own choice," Mom said.

       "A wrong choice."

       "I really am sorry, Daniel," Mom said. "I'll do anything to fix it."

       "Well, I'm sorry that I won't be able to accept your apology yet," I said. "Maybe sometime in the future, but not now."

       Mom sighed. "That actually is understandable."

       Damn right it is.

       "So, how is Destiny doing?" Mom asked.

       "Good," I said. "She's still in the first trimester, so the symptoms aren't too bad."

       "You know, I'm actually really proud of you for taking responsibility," Mom said. "I know not everyone would support someone they got pregnant, especially if they haven't been together for too long."

       "Well, I love Destiny a lot," I said. "And the baby is mine too, so I don't see how anyone could leave if they're in my position. It just doesn't make sense."

       Mom smiled. "And, like I said, I'm proud of you for that. If you and Destiny ever need anything, your father and I will be here."

       "I know," I said. "And thanks."

       We both headed to our respective tables. "So, did she apologize?" Ariella asked.

       "Yeah," I said. "I told her I can't forgive her quite yet, and she understands."

       Although I knew the main reason why she chose to apologize now was because the deal went through, it really did seem like she was accepting me and Destiny. It wouldn't be fair to me to completely cut her out of my life, no matter how annoying everything she did was.

       The old me would have, because I didn't take crap from anyone. But I changed. I was a much more responsible and mature person, and I was glad everything happened for a reason.

__________________

The. End.

Kind of. THE SEQUEL IS COMING RIGHT AFTER THIS. I do have to work on an assignment, but I'm hoping it won't take too long. 

I LITERALLY CAN'T WAIT TO BLOW YOUR MIND AND TO WRITE ABOUT MY CHILD EVEN MORE.

I'll post a list of characters for the next book, like I did for this one, so you could add it to your library and wait for the first chapter.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BOOK. <3

-Laeti