Chapter 2

The Alpha finally stepped out of the woods and into the moonlight, where he graciously presented Rose and I with his most unwanted presence.

         That was really dramatic. I told Rose through our link, then immediately closed it off again. Being distracted in the presence of an Alpha was never good. Rose nodded her head, causing the Alpha to glare, which caused me to step in front of Rose. It was an instinct really, something developed from years of protecting each other and being together for so long. I did not mean it as a threat or some sort of secret signal, but apparently the Alpha thought I did.

      "Don't even think about trying anything. My men have this place surrounded." His voice rang out across the meadow, causing my stomach to be overrun with butterflies. I scowled at that, it was such a strange reaction to hearing him speak. Must have been the nerves of the current situation we were in. It's not everyday one is surrounded by werewolves. Which brought up the question, why were they showing any interest in us. Wolves tended to stay away from any human interaction, so why were they actually talking to us instead of just chasing us away?

      "Do you have a problem with me, human?" the Alpha once again spoke, snapping me out of my train of thoughts. I realized that I had been scowling at him all the while, and relaxed my expression. Scared human girl, that was what I was supposed to be. If a random guy came out of the forest at three in the morning how would a normal human teenage girl react?

        "Who are you?" I asked, cocking my hip to the right and resting my hand on my waist. The Alpha raised one eyebrow and simply stared at me. A growl came from behind me causing me to whip my head to where the sound was coming from. Then the rather large wolf standing behind the Alpha growled at me.

        "The-there's a wolf behind you." The Alpha only smirked at me and started walking forwards. Rose, who had been quiet all this time, gripped my hand tightly.

        There's 28 wolves to the West, 30 to the North, 22 South, and 20 East. Their killing intent is not too high, but they are definitely aggressive and willing to kill. They probably think we murdered the boy and are now burying him, in their territory. I don't know why there are so many wolves just for this though.

    I  took in the information Rose had given me, which only made me more confused. One hundred wolves is way too much to deal with two trespassers, even if they did seem to be murderers. 

       While Rose and I had been having our exchange, the Alpha had been walking towards us, apparently taking our silence as fear. He was now only five feet away from us causing me to go on full alert mode. Rose felt my body tensing up, and she squeezed my hand tightly, warning me that I should relaxed. I took a deep breath and let it out, I could not get worked up and exposed myself. I would not do it because of some noisy werewolf.

     "I will only ask my questions once. Do not make me repeat myself. Answer quickly and honestly." The Alpha told us, he was three feet away from us, but he had thankfully stopped walking. The wind was blowing our direction, making his woodsy smell reach us. He smelled of the woods and ripe fruits, a heady and enticing smell. For the first time I noticed just how handsome Mr. Alpha actually was. 

        He had black hair that seemed to get a sort of silver halo in the moonlight and silver eyes that were almost the same color as the full moon above us. His features were sculpted and he looked like he was in his early twenties. He was shirtless and shoeless, but he did have on jeans that hung low on his hips. I didn't know wether to be thankful for the jeans or not.

      "Why should we have to answer you? Who are you anyways? Why haven't you been eaten by the wolves?" Rose spoke for the first time since Mr. Alpha had shown up, and by the way he glared at her direction, it didn't seem that he was happy that she did. The wolves in the forest also agreed with their Alpha, if the growls surrounding us were anything to go by.