Chapter 9

Continuation of three months ago. Next Day.

"You guys leave for a couple hours and come back telling me that Sasha has a mate that you guys stalked and that you guys have no idea what he is?" my grandmother's voice asked, sounding incredulous, "And not only that, you are meeting him again tomorrow?"

I thought about it and then nodded, "Yeah, that's about it." My grandmother sat down in the chair behind her, taking a sip from the cup of tea in front of her. She then looked at Sasha and smiled, "Well, is he attractive?" Sasha looked at Grandmother and smiled, nodding her head and started talking to her about her mate.

I smiled at the scene, knowing that Sasha had been worried about Grandmother's approval. Sasha had been taken in by Grandmother at the age of twelve after her coven kicked her out and since then Sasha strongly respects her. If she had been against her mating then she would probably reject him.

"He is probably a Creature." I heard the voice of Edwin next to me and nodded at his statement. Sasha was mated to someone from the Shadows. By now Rose undoubtedly figured it out too, but at least she was keeping her hate for them under control. She must have known that she can't be the only Creature with self-control.

"Is it going to be okay?" Edwin asked.

"I hope so." I answered.

"These are my friends, Eric and Thomas." Hanuel said, signaling to the two people standing next to him. Eric was intensely staring at Sasha, not even bothering to glance at Rose and I, while Thomas shook our hands. He seemed the serious type with short dark brown hair that fell on his forehead and dark eyes. His skin was also pale and he was shorter than both Eric and Hanuel.

"Hi, I'm Rose and this is my sister, Lucielle." Rose said, "And this is Sasha, our cousin." Well, that wasn't exactly a lie and it would be what they were told till we could trust them.

"Sasha," Eric said, "Nice to meet you." Sasha blushed and looked down. Eric kept on staring at her with a slight smile on his face. Things were starting to get a little awkward so I decided to interrupt their little moment.

"So, where are we going first?" At my question Hanuel smiled and we started our trip through town. I soon discovered that Hanuel and Thomas had an amazing sense of humor, and that Eric and Sasha forgot about the rest of the world as soon as they were together. By the end of the tour we had all exchanged numbers and agreed to meet up again.

We got back to the house by sunset and Sasha could not stop talking about Eric the whole way there. Rose and I merely smiled at each other, knowing that we should let her have this moment. Nobody expected for Sasha to have a mate, afterall.

"So, it went well?" Edwin asked, coming out from his room. He was dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt, both completely covered in grime and a mysterious purple substance that I was sure was glowing. He was barefooted and had his black hair pushed back from his face by a black headband.

"Very. They were nice and funny. I could sense no malice from them, except for them being Cretures. My danger alert was fully off." I told him. He nodded, his red eyes looking empty as usual and I noticed that he looked pale.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him. I walked up to him and grabbed his face tilting it down to look at him.

"Nightmares." Was all he told me. I sighed and let him walk away from me, staring at him as he went into his room. Right before he fully closed the door he turned around and glanced over at Sasha, who was happily telling Grandmother about our day.