Chapter 10

5 pm.

We sat around the table, only one hour left till the Creatures joined us for dinner. Rhus and Theia were sitting with us, a human glamour casted over them already. Rhus now looked like a normal 15 year old boy, the green in his skin and vine like veins gone. His hair and eyes were a dark brown, not their usual dark red. Theia's long blond hair had no trace of green in t and her green eyes had been toned down to a normal gree, not their usual electric green. Her olive skin looked like a normal human's, clear of any and all traces of her being a nymph.

"So, we just have to pretend to be human right?" Theia asked, twirling her blond hair. She looked at it as if it was not part of her body, not used to seeing the green gone.

"Yes. We just have to make them think that we are your typical, everyday, normal humans." Rose replied. Behind her came the sound of somebody running and then Sasha suddenly burst into the room.

"I have no clothes to wear!" She cried out, "Eric is comin in an hour and I have no clothes to wear!" I looked at Rose and before she could say anything I got up and ran towards the kitchen.

"Well, I have to finish cooking so how about you help Sasha get dressed?" I called out to her. I could hear her groan and curse at me through our link, but I just giggled and closed her out. Edwin caught my eye and wink, causing me to smile and wonder about how he was doing. He seemed a lot better, being in the forest was good for him.

"Lucielle." The voice of my grandma called, "Be careful when they come here." I stopped stirring the soup and looked at her. Her light blue eyes stared at me, even I who held more fae blood than most people in the world, could feel her power.

"I will, Grandmother." I said, "They will not find out what we are." I promised her. She nodded and moved to stand beside me.

"You know what they are, don't you?" She whispered. I wasn't shocked that she had known I had an idea of what they were, her power was to see what a person knew and manipulate it.

"I think I do." I whispered back. She stared at me and walked aways, seemly satisfied with my answer.

Half hour later Rose, Edwin and I were walking through the forest on our way to pick up the guys. We had told them we were going to meet them at the edge of the forest, so they wouldn't get lost, but it was also so that I could take down the barrier so they could cross it. Sasha had stayed behind, not deeming herself ready to be seen by her mate. Not that I think he would honestly care how she looked like.

He was whipped.

I was talking to Edwin about his latest invention, a biodegradable robot powered by magic, when Rose nudged me in the ribs. I winced and was about to ask her why she did that when I noticed the tree figures ahead of us.

"Hanuel, Thomas, Eric." I gasped, "What are you guys doing here? We were supposed to meet at the edge of the forest." Thomas stared at Eric, his eyes narrowed with a slight glare.

"Yeah, but we wanted to make the trip shorter for you guys." Hanuel said, smiling innocently. I was starting to learn not to trust his smile.

"How thoughtful." Rose said and I could tell she was starting to get angry. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, silently telling her to calm down.

The guys followed us back to the house, making light conversation along the way. Eric, though, was mostly silent, looking around the area cautiously. When we were about three meters away from the barrier I removed it, allowing them to enter. We got to the house soon after and Rose opened the door.

"We're here!" She called out, moving to the side to allow us to go in. Sasha stood up from the sofa where she was sitting, her short flowy blue dress moving with her.