Chapter 14

Rose came outside, a bag strung over one shoulder. We were only taking a bag each, only what was absolutely necessary. After all, we did plan on coming back here when things had calmed down. Soon Sasha and Edwin came outside along with Thomas and Hanuel. Nothing was said, Edwin simply handed me a bag that someone had prepared for me.

"I can't believe we have to leave already." Sasha said, her voice breaking the silence. Edwin put a hand on her shoulder, something he had learned was meant to comfort people. Eric noticed this and glared at Edwin, pulling Sasha to his side.

"Well, I'm glad you guys are leaving," Hanuel said, "This place reeks of wolf." Well, vampires shall always be vampires. On the other hand they were helpful when escaping quickly was needed. They were carrying Rosa, Sasha, and I all the way to the airport outside of town since they were much faster than us.

"Come on guys," Rose said and grabbed my hand, squeezing it, "Let's get out of here."

Are you sure you want to do this? I heard her ask through our link. I looked at her and nodded.

I have to.

Two hours later we had bought our plane tickets and were currently making our way to our seats. I sat down next to the window with Rose in the middle and Edwin in the aisle seat. Sasha was sitting with Edwin and Thomas across from us while Hanuel sat in the row in front of me. He was happily talking with the people in his row, laughing every once in awhile. That dude makes friends quickly.

"So, where are we staying?" Rose asked, "Or do you plan to figure that out when we land?" I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Aren't you a little bit late to be asking that?" She scratched her nose, looking slightly embarrassed. I smiled and leaned back in the chair, "We'll be staying with Erida."

"The puppet master?" She asked and I nodded my head. Rose sighed and shook her head, "She's crazy Luce." I didn't treplay, opting to close my eyes and try to sleep. We were reaching Ireland late at night, or very early in the morning if I wanted to think about it that way. Then we would have to find a cab to drive us to Cynefin, a small town in the middle of nowhere. From there we would have to walk for about five days through a forest till we reached Erida's meadow.

It was going to be a long week.

Seven hours later we had finally landed. The airport was relatively busy and we got through security easily. As we stepped outside the full moon greeted us and I stretched, adjusting the backpack I carried. I hadn't managed to sleep on the plane, every second feeling my heart grow emptier. It was a strange feeling, I hadn't known that I was going to miss Kellan that much. While the slight pain was annoying, it was liveable and I wasn't going to let it get in the way of my mission.

"So, where do we go now?" Thomas asked, "We didn't exactly come prepare to live in Ireland." It was true, the trio had absolutely nothing with them, except what they had in their pockets. When Eric went to visit us he hadn't planned on running away to Ireland, after all.

"We're going to visit an old friend." I said while trying to spot a taxi, "It'll take about six days to get there, but we can cut it down to two if you guys carry us again." I finally spotted one and ran to where it was stationed. I knocked on the window and it rolled down, the driver leaning over towards me.

"Can I 'elp ye?" I couldn't see him very well, but I could tell that he was a middle aged man with thinning brown hair and dark eyes.

"I want to get to Cynefin." A strong wind blowing at that moment and thunder sounded off in the distance. I really hoped that he could get us there or we would have to walk there ourselves. I didn't see many other taxis around and the ones I did see were already being employed.