Karaoke Night

A/N This one is for my beautiful girl MandyFullertonLee she suggested this to me while listening to the song the other night. The song is called "I Think I Love You" by The Partridge Family. I love the thought of drunk John singing to Sherlock. I will link the song above. Enjoy <3

John had come home from work and decided that we needed a guy's night out. I hated the idea, but he kept insisting, even threatening to destroy my experiments if I didn't go. So we wound up in some rundown pub, listening to highly intoxicated people singing along to karaoke tracks. John was drinking at an alarming rate, quickly going from tipsy to drunk. As much as I don't like seeing John drink, I found myself really enjoying Drunk John. He loosened up considerably, giggling at everything and always touching my arm when he laughed. I recognized this as a sign of physical attraction, but brushed it off. John is not gay; he has gone through great lengths to prove this to me. He just gets flirtatious when he is drinking.

"Sherlock," his speech was slurred and he swayed a little in his seat. "We should sing something!" He looked at me with excitement in his eyes. I laughed at his enthusiasm, my cheeks flushing slightly as his hand lingered on my arm longer than before. I had been drinking as well, but I was only slightly tipsy, nowhere near drunk enough to get up and sing in front of a bunch of strangers.

"Absolutely not John," I pulled my arm away from him and focused on my drink. "I am not drunk enough to get up there and I have no intention of getting to that point." He pouted for a second, before grinning mischievously and singling to the waitress.

"What can I get you love?" She was tall, thin and blonde, what most men would consider pretty. She was obviously attracted to John and I couldn't blame her. He smiled at her and leaned on his elbow, his flushed cheeks making him look younger than normal.

"Could we get a couple of shots sweetheart?"

"What kind would you like?"

"Surprise us, the stronger the better." He winked at her, causing her to blush as she turned away. I felt a pang in my gut. I always felt that when I saw John with women. He turned and faced me, smiling at me as he pointed a finger at my face. "You sir, are going to get drunk tonight." He laughed as my eyes widened. I had never gotten drunk before and the thought terrified me.

"John-"

"Nope, I don't want to hear it Sherlock. I brought you here to have a good time so that is what is going to happen." The waitress returned with our shots and winked at John before walking away. I glared after her, miserably picking up the shot that John was forcing into my hands. He counted down and we took the shots, the harsh liquid burning down my throat as I struggled to keep it down. I coughed and John laughed, wincing at the bitter liquid.

"That was horrific." My voice was rough and I coughed again.

"So you aren't a fan of Tequila then eh?" He laughed. I shook my head and pushed the glass away. He patted me on the shoulder and signaled the waitress again, this time ordering something that sounded just as bad, but I knew would be more subtle than the last one. They flirted back and forth and my mood got increasingly worse. John kept ordering shots and I kept drinking them, trying to distract myself from John and his advances on myself and the waitress. The booze was making my mind slow and fuzzy, but I was still nowhere near drunk.

At some point John left the table, I wasn't sure when, but I looked up and he was gone. I tried to find him in the crowd, but couldn't see him. I also couldn't see the waitress he had been flirting with and my mind made a deduction. My cheeks blushed as the image of them flashed though my head. I stared into the glass of water I had ordered and tried to figure out what to do. I could have left, but I felt like he wouldn't like that too much, so I waited.

"And next up we have Mr. John Watson, singing 'I Think I Love You.'" The announcer spoke into the microphone and my head shot up to see my blogger standing on the stage, smiling like an idiot. A bouncy song started playing and he started bobbing along. He looked like he was having the time of his life and I grinned at him.

"I was sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream

Like all at once I wake up from something that keeps knocking at my brain

Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head

And spring up in my bed screaming out the words I dread."

He wasn't terrible, his voice only wavering slightly due to the liquor in his system. I faintly recognized the song; I heard it on a show John was watching once. He focused on me and pointed at me.

"I think I love you!" My stomach tightened at those lyrics. What was he doing?

"This morning I woke up with this feeling

I didn't know how to deal with and so I just decided to myself

I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it

And did not go and shout it when you walked into the room"

He moved off the stage and walked closer to our table, which wasn't very far from the stage. The closer he got the more I saw the confidence and lust in his eyes. My stomach dropped as he approached me.

"I think I love you."

"John-"

"I think I love you so what am I so afraid of

I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for"

He was really getting into the song. He was right in front of me, and every fibre of my being screamed at me to reach out and pull him close. But John is a good actor; this could just be part of the song, part of whatever character he was playing.

"I think I love you isn't that what life is made of

Though it worries me to say that I never felt this way"

He stepped closer to me, almost standing in between my legs as he sang. People were making whistling noises and my ears burned as he reached his hand up and touched my cheeks.

"I don't know what I'm up against

I don't know what it's all about

I got so much to think about"

He spoke these words instead of singing them, his voice deeper than usual as he kept stroking my cheek. My heart swelled and a goofy grin filled his face as the music picked back up.

"Hey, I think I love you so what am I so afraid of

I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for

I think I love you isn't that what life is made of

Though it worries me to say I never felt this way"

I grabbed him by the waist, unable to resist anymore. I pulled him close and grinned up at him. He was adorable.

"Believe me you really don't have to worry

I only wanna make you happy and if you say "hey go away" I will

But I think better still I'd better stay around and love you

Do you think I have a case let me ask you to your face?

Do you think you love me?"

I nodded and moved one of my hands to the back of his neck, drawing him in for a kiss. He let out a surprised sound as our lips met, but soon gave in and kissed back. The music continued playing and I could hear the background vocals singing on over the cheers of the crowd.

"I think I love you" Karaoke was definitely going to be a regular thing for us.