The Fortune Cookies

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!! This is a really cute fluffy story that I wrote after I saw a prompt on Tumblr. Enjoy<3

It had been a long week and John was finally settling down for a nice meal with his boyfriend. He had been dating Sherlock for a year now and had learned to cherish moments like these.

"Pass the rice please, Love?" Sherlock nodded and handed the box of rice to John, still rattling on about the case. John loved seeing Sherlock this happy, the taller man practically bouncing in his seat as he chatted. "Sherlock? Love, slow down with the talking, you're going to choke." Sherlock chuckled and did as he was told, settling back in his chair and eating happily.

They ate in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company.

"John?"

"Yes, Love?"

"Have I ever told you that I can predict what the fortune cookies will say?" John laughed, remembering back to the first time they had Chinese food. Sherlock had tried to convince him that he could predict the fortunes in the cookies. It had led to a long night of jokes and giggles, becoming one of John's fondest memories of their time together.

"You may have mentioned that."

"It's true, you know."

"If I recall correctly, you've never gotten one right."

"I have so!"

"No, you haven't, you nut!" John was laughing now, Sherlock was acting offended and trying to stave off his own giggles.

"If I can't predict what they say, then how do I know that yours is going to make you very happy tonight?"

"What makes you think that?"

"I told you John, I can predict what they say." John laughed, he was so in love with the crazy detective. "Now, open your cookie."

"I haven't finished my food yet."

"I want to see if I was correct."

"You can't wait another five minutes?"

"No."

"Fine." He took the cookie Sherlock was handing him and pulled open the packaging. He could see Sherlock was practically vibrating in his seat. "Why are you so excited about this?"

"Just open it." John chuckled and cracked open the cookie, pulling out the note and opening it.

His stomach felt as though it hit the floor.

John Hamish Watson, will you marry me?

John looked up and saw that Sherlock had changed his position, now down on one knee in front of John. He held a small black box in his hand and there were hopeful tears in his eyes.

"John?"

"Oh, god Sherlock-"

"I'm going to pause this moment to remind you to breathe." John shook his head, sucking in a deep breath, feeling his heart pounding in his chest. He was shaking and could feel emotions welling in his chest.

"S-Sherlock-"

"Marry me John?" He could hear the tremor in his lover's voice.

This could be either the biggest mistake of his life, or the greatest decision he will ever make. His head is spinning and he can hardly breathe. If he didn't know any better, he could swear that this was a panic attack.

"Yes." He nodded furiously, sliding out of his chair and kneeling in front of the man he had fallen so madly in love with. "Yes, god yes." He took Sherlock's face in his hands and kissed him, feeling the tears start to fall. He could feel Sherlock's tears as well and he pulled away, grinning at his now-fiancé. "God, I love you so much."

"I love you to." Sherlock grinned at him and pulled back, taking John's left hand in his and sliding a black ring on his finger. It was the perfect fit, of course.

"It's gorgeous, Love." He whispered, feeling the cool band on his finger.

"I had the inside engraved."

"What does it say?"

"My Conductor of Light." Sherlock blushed, grinning softly at John. People never got to see this side of Sherlock, the soft side that he kept hidden from the world. John felt his heart swell at the phrase. That was one of the greatest things Sherlock had ever said to him. "Mine will say whatever you wish it to say. I thought it would be a clever idea for us to choose what the other's ring said. You are My Conductor of Light and I wanted to remind you of that every time you look at the ring." John pulled the detective in for a kiss.

"My brilliant man." He whispered, pressing soft kisses to Sherlock's lips and jaw. "How did I get so lucky?"

"Someone up there must really like you." John laughed, wrapping his fiancé in a tight hug.

"It would appear so. Now, we should go tell Mrs. Hudson."

"Hmm, maybe later." Sherlock pulled John close and kissed him deeply, sliding his hands along his sides. "Right now, I have a theory I wish to test."

"Oh, and what would that be?"

"I have heard that sex feels better after you get engaged, and I have been looking forward to testing that theory out."

"Oh, Mr. Holmes, you are a bad man."

"Yes, but you like it."

"True. How did you get the fortune to say that?"

"I didn't, I told you, I can predict what they say."

"Seriously, how'd you, do it?"

"The internet is a wonderful place John, now, please stop talking and take me to bed."

"A little needy tonight?"

"John."

"Alright Love." John laughed and stood, leading his new fiancé to their room. He had never felt more joy than he did that night.