Happier

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!!!! So Kristin5687 requested that I write a story to go along with the song Happier by Ed Sheeran...it's an angsty song so be warned.....this fic is solid angst... I hope my measures up to the one you wrote Kristin, yours was amazing. TRIGGER WARNING!!!! attempted suicide talked about heavily in this one....I'm sorry for your feels....Enjoy<3

**Follow me on Snapchat (Sini221B) and Instagram (Sini221B) I'm a little boring but I have an asshole cat that will keep you giggling lol **

Walking down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

Sherlock watched miserably as John and Mary waved him off, the plane carrying him far away from them. He could feel the pain forming in his stomach and knew he didn't have long before his system went into shock.

He pulled his phone from his pocket and opened John's blog. He would leave this world seeing himself through the eyes of the man he couldn't live without.

He had left John a note, given it to Mary to give to John exactly five hours after the flight left. He would be dead by the time John read it.

He closed his eyes and thought of John. He was happy now, despite everything that had happened with Mary. She could make him smile brighter than Sherlock ever could.

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do

John watched the plane leave, taking away the only friend he had ever known. Mary pulled him in for a hug, letting him cry into her shoulder. She was more than aware of his feelings for the detective, even offering to step aside a few times so he could be with Sherlock. But Sherlock doesn't feel things like that.

"John?" Mary pulled back, wiping away her own tears and reaching in her pocket. She pulled an envelope out and took a shaky breath. "He asked me to give this to you. Told me to wait five hours, but-" She shook her head and pushed the paper into his hands, stepping back.

He opened the letter and began to read.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

"My Dear Watson;

I am so sorry. I have treated you so wrong, hurt you more than you deserve. I have done horrendous things to you and you still stayed by my side.

But ain't nobody love you like I do

In the same breath, I have loved you more than words can say.

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're moving on with someone new

You are with Mary now, and I know she will give you everything that I cannot. That is why I am leaving. This is for the best.

By the time you read this, I will no longer be an issue to you. You can live your life with Mary and your child.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

I can see how much joy Mary brings you. You look happier with her than you ever looked with me.

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too