The Picnic

A/N Sherlock is bored so he takes John on a romantic picnic Enjoy<3

"John! I'm bored!" Sherlock was sprawled over my lap, wriggling around and whining. I sighed and turned off the TV. We had just finished a case, a pretty difficult one at that, and yet here he was.

"What do you want to do?" I asked, trying to keep the irritation from my words. "We just finished our only decent case. Are you incapable of relaxing?" He stopped squirming, and met my eyes. He was still for a few minutes, simply staring at me. I soon gave up on keeping his gaze and looked back up to the TV, turning it on again and focusing on the screen. I watched in silence, trying not to squirm under his intense gaze. I wanted to look down at him, to gaze into his pale eyes and allow myself to get lost in those endless orbs. We had been dating for more than a year now, and he still never failed to stun me with his ethereal beauty. I fought every urge to look at him, to touch him. Sherlock started squirming again.

Suddenly he stopped, jumping to his feet and racing into the kitchen. I heard him puttering about, opening the fridge and cupboards and closing them loudly.

"What are you doing in there?" Curiosity getting the better of me, I turned off the TV and stood, making my way into the kitchen. I leaned against the doorway and watched my lover fluttering about the small kitchen. He finally stopped moving and noticed me, a grin on his face as he moved towards me. He pressed himself against me and pressed his lips against mine in a deep, passionate kiss. Even after all this time, all the kisses we had shared, my head still reeled when he kissed me like this. I loved the feeling of his full, soft lips against mine, how his tongue lightly brushed along my bottom lip. He pulled away, leaving me breathless and dizzy. He grinned again, pushing himself away from me and spinning around the kitchen, causing me to let out a breathless laugh.

"We are going on a picnic, John."

"What?"

"I am certain you heard me the first time John. You know how I feel about repeating myself." He stopped in front of me again; placing his hands on my hips and pulling me close. I gasped at the suddenness of the contact. "But since I am so madly in love with you," the sarcasm in his voice making me giggle. He was the only person who could make me giggle like a schoolgirl. "I will oblige; we are going on a picnic." He kissed me again, lighter this time, but just as passionate.

"You know, if you keep kissing me like that we may not get out of the apartment in time for your little picnic." I mumbled when he pulled away, once more dizzy and breathless. He chuckled deeply and released me, turning back to the table and collecting the reusable shopping bag from the table. He had filled it with various items from the cupboards and fridge. He grabbed my hand and led me to the door, throwing my coat at me and pulling his own on. He led me from the flat and dragged me along the sidewalk, deliberately walking slower than his normal pace so I could walk alongside him. We walked along, him deliberately avoiding my inquiries as to where we were heading. Soon enough, we turned into a small park, one that I couldn't remember ever noticing before. He chose a spot beneath a huge tree and removed his coat, laying it on the ground and motioning for me to sit. I took my place and he joined me, unpacking the bag and handing me some of the items. He had made sure to pack some items he knew I enjoyed. I smiled at him, my heart swelling at his thoughtfulness. People always asked me why I would want to be with someone like him. It was things like this that made me love him more than humanly possible. People always assumed that he was heartless, that he didn't feel love or other emotions. That was the farthest thing from the truth. He was probably the softest man I had ever met; he was just very good at hiding that fact when he wants to.

We sat under the tree, eating our food and making silly deductions about the people that passed. We were in our own little world and I couldn't imagine a more perfect date. When we finished our lunch, I leaned against him and rested my head against his chest, listening to his heart beating.

"John," I hummed in acknowledgement, "let's get married." My entire being froze at those words, shock and confusion coursing through my veins as I struggled to breathe. "John, did you hear me?" I sprung up, clambering to my feet and struggling to get my heartbeat under control.

"W-what- what did you just say?"

"I asked if you heard me-" I let out a growl. "Sorry. I said, let's get married." He looked concerned, biting at his bottom lip as he glanced up at me. "John-"

"Why?"

"I don't understand?"

"Why do you want to get married?"

"I thought that was obvious."

"Well it's obviously not!" I was in full panic mode now. "A-are y-you- are you pregnant?"

"Yes, John. I am three months along." I almost passed out.

"What! How did this happen?" He shot to his feet and grabbed my shoulders, shaking me lightly.

"John, think! Who are you talking to?" I looked at him.

"I-I don't understand."

"John, I am a male. I can't get pregnant." My own words registered in my mind and I suddenly felt the ridiculousness of my panic setting in. I started laughing; burying my face in his chest and feeling him chuckle along with me. We laughed until our sides hurt, eventually settling back onto his coat. "My question still stands."

"What question?"

"Well it wasn't really a question, more of a statement. Let's get married." I felt my stomach tighten at those words again.

"Sherlock-"

"I know I am not the most ideal mate, and I am fully aware that I can be difficult. I also understand if you have any kind of trepidation in regards to marriage, especially seeing as how your previous marriage turned out." I cut him off with a kiss, receiving a shocked sound at the action. I sat up, pulling him with me. I knelt in front of him, taking his hands in my own and steadying myself with a deep breath.

"Sherlock, I am terrified, that much should be obvious. And yes you can be the biggest pain in the ass I have ever met, but it is a pain, as you should be well aware, I have been more than willing to live with." He blushed at my words, his mind undoubtedly flashing to the events that took place in the bedroom only a few days ago. "And yes, my previous marriage was shit, but that doesn't change how I feel about it. This is scary, and I can guarantee that you will see many more of those panic attacks, but if you are willing to put up with them, then yes. Absolutely, yes, I will marry you." His face split in a wide grin and he pulled me in for a kiss. We kissed for a short while before deciding it would be best to take ourselves back to the flat.

As we walked, hand in hand, we chatted about venues and color themes. After a while, the words stopped and we walked in comfortable silence. Just as we were about to approach the flat, Sherlock stopped, spinning me to face him. His eyes were serious and I became concerned.

"John, if it's a girl, can we name her Sherlock?" I was confused for a moment before I caught his joke. I swatted his arm and tried to fight the blush that made its way up my neck.

"Shut up Sherlock."

"You seriously can't expect me to just delete such an amazing moment can you?" He was laughing as he spoke and I tried to free my hand from his, attempting to keep walking towards the flat. He tightened his grip on my hand and pulled me tight against him, wrapping his free hand around my back to keep me in place. "I like it when you blush." He whispered darkly in my ear before kissing me roughly. I let out a surprised moan and tried to fight, pushing him away and giggling. I pulled away and led him the rest of the way to our flat, swatting away his wandering hands as we walked.

I insisted on telling Mrs. Hudson right away, mainly because I wanted to drive Sherlock crazy before giving him what he wanted. That plan backfired however when she insisted on taking us to dinner with our friends to celebrate. We spent the night at Angelo's, in the company of friends and loved ones, before heading home to fall asleep in each other's arms. I couldn't remember a time when I was happier.