The Cat

A/N Hey My Lovelies!!! Sorry I haven't updated recently...I've spent the last two days making about a dozen pies for my in-laws Easter dinner...It's good to be back to writing!!! Anyways...Fhhin360 requested this one so here it is!!!! The cat is based off of my friend's cat Squeaker. Enjoy<3

***Also just an FYI....I choose the requests at random...I'm not ignoring requests. I literally have a little bowl that I put all the ideas you guys send me and just pull one out when I feel like writing. Just thought I would tell you all lol. ***

It had been a long day, and John just wanted to sit and read his book. He was doing just that when a sharp pain lanced up his leg. He yelped and reached down, gripping a handful of fur instead of his jeans.

"What the-"

"John!" Sherlock came ripping into the room, silk housecoat billowing behind him. "Don't hurt the cat!"

"Cat? When the hell did we get a cat?"

"It is for an experiment."

"An exper- oh God, please tell me you aren't-" A look of horror passed over the detective's face.

"No! I would never harm the cat! I am testing the memory of kittens, trying to determine if animals can make effective witnesses in criminal investigations." John felt a new weight on his lap and looked down to see a tiny kitten staring up at him.

The kitten looked like a tabby, mostly grey, but where the white and black should have been the fur was orange. It's eyes were green and it looked up at him with curiosity. It squeaked at him and pawed his chest, causing a smile to pull at his lips.

"What is it?"

"A cat John."

"No, smart ass. I mean is it male or female?"

"Oh. Female."

"Have you named her?"

"No. Why would I name it?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

"It's an experiment John."

"Well I'm going to name her." John grabbed the kitten and held her to his chest, tickling her stomach and giggling when she tried to attack his hand. She squeaked again, seeming to talk to him through her tiny sounds. "Her name is Squeaker."

"That is a ridiculous name John."

"She's a cat you got for an experiment Sherlock, this whole thing is ridiculous." He stood, Squeaker climbing up his chest to perch on his shoulder. "Did you at least buy her food and a litter box?"

"She came with a small bag of food and litter."

"Well, I'm going to go out and grab some more stuff. Set up her litter box in the bathroom under the sink and her food and water in the kitchen. I'll be back soon." John handed the kitten back to Sherlock, pressing a kiss to her furry head before walking away.

"So, the cat gets a kiss and I don't?" Sherlock whined, still holding the kitten. John chuckled, stepping back to his lover and leaning up to give him a gentle kiss. Squeaker meowed, placing her paws on John's chest and pushing him away.

"Looks like someone is jealous."

"Cats don't feel jealousy John. She probably just doesn't like you."

"I don't know about that. I've been told I'm pretty good with pussies." John laughed and ducked behind the door as Sherlock threw one of his chemistry books at him.