Santa Owed Me A Favor

Hey My Lovelies!!!! OMG I AM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO FREAKING LONG!!!  Working retail over the Christmas season is literally the worst!!! Also I broke my knee and my manager has announced that he is leaving on Jan 12 so I have begun training to run the store in case they can't find a replacement. Long story short...I've been crazy busy, but I'm back now, and I am here with a super fluffy Christmas story for y'all!!! I know I'm a bit late, but at least it's something!! Enjoy <3

"Daddy! Wake up! It Christmas!" John groaned playfully, burrowing further under the blankets and grinning as he felt his daughter tugging on the bedding. He released the sheets, letting the child pull them off before stretching dramatically, groaning loudly and reaching for Rosie. He grabbed his daughter and pulled her onto the bed, easily pinning her arms and legs down and blowing on her stomach. She squealed with laughter as she fought him, pulling a laugh from his chest.

It had been a hard few years for little Rosie, losing her mother and very nearly losing her father as well, but she never seemed to lose sight of the good things, always keeping a smile on the faces of those around her.

John released his child, feeling a subtle pinch of sadness welling in his chest. He had wanted nothing more than to give Rosie a beautiful Christmas, full of gifts and joy, but things were tough being a single parent.

"Alright Little Elf, lets go see what Santa brought this year, eh?" Rosie scrambled off the bed, babbling on about the various things she had asked Santa for this year as she hurried from the room.

John swung his legs off the bed, sitting up and rubbing at his eyes. He glanced at the other side of the bed, wishing he had someone to share the holiday with. Sure, Sherlock was going to be there, he always came over for Christmas, but it wasn't the same as having someone to share Christmas with as a couple.

He shook the sad thoughts away and reached for his robe, pulling it on as he heard hurried steps on the carpeted floor.

"Daddy! Santa came! He- he- the tree Daddy! The tree!" Rosie bolted into the bedroom, gripping his hand and dragging him towards the doorway. He let his daughter drag him down the hall, his breath catching in his chest as they stepped into the sitting room.

The room was decorated beautifully, with lights and tinsel strung along the walls and a massive tree taking up the far corner. The fire was lit and candles were burning on the hearth, and John could hear the sounds of someone bustling about in the kitchen.

John stood frozen in the doorway of the living room, staring at the pile of gifts that had appeared under the tree.

"Good morning John." The cheery voice of Mrs. Hudson came from the kitchen, followed by his former landlady appearing in the kitchen doorway, holding his coat and a travel mug of coffee. "I am supposed to tell you to hurry over to Baker Street, Sherlock needs your help with something." John sighed, glancing at his daughter before reaching for the items Mrs. Hudson was handing him.

He hesitated outside the door of Baker Street, chewing on his lip anxiously. Since the Sherrinford incident, John had avoided going back to Baker Street, not wanting to face the memories that filled the familiar flat. He jumped slightly as his phone dinged, startling him out of his thoughts.

Oscillation on the pavement means a love affair - SH

John laughed, glancing up at the window and shaking his head.

Why am I here, Sherlock? Did you decorate my flat? - JW

Santa owed me a favor - SH

Come upstairs, it's cold outside - SH

John made his way into the flat, fighting back the flood of memories that crossed his mind as he glanced at the stairs.

"I have an international reputation, do you have an international reputation?"