Learning From Sherlock

A/N This is another parentlock story. I came up with this idea a little while ago and decided to write it. Just thought it was cute. Enjoy <3

Rosie was grinning proudly, John was mad, and another woman was screaming at the principal. I was sitting rather awkwardly in one of the chairs in front of the desk, trying to contain my deductions of the people in the room. The woman was a single mother, two kids, one of which had attacked our daughter. We were still unsure as to what happened between the two kids. The mother of the young boy had not stopped yelling since we walked in, and it was getting tedious.

"Are you going to punish your daughter?"

"We don't even know if she did anything wrong-"

"My son is sitting in the nurses office with a bloody nose that your little demon gave him, and you don't think she did anything wrong?"

"He hit me first." Rosie's soft voice piped up, silencing everyone in the room.

"He hit you first?" I asked, feeling anger starting to bubble in my chest. I felt John's hand gripping my shoulder gently, my tone must have been harsher than I intended. I took a steadying breath and redirected my attention to the little girl beside me. "Why would he hit you first?"

"I don't know."

"Rosamund, what did you do?"

"I told him that maybe if his father hadn't walked out on him then he wouldn't feel the need to pick on other kids. And that if he is embarrassed about having a crush on Sammy Nelson he should talk to the teacher instead of harassing girls-"

"You deduced him?"John sounded beyond angry. Oh dear god, this is not good.

"He was picking on me and Krista-"

"You can't just do that Rosie!"

"But Father does it!" I froze, my eyes getting wide and my chest tightening. This is very not good. I felt John's hand tighten on my shoulder. I fought the swell of pride that caused my face to split into a grin. I could feel John's eyes boring into me and I glanced around, trying desperately to find something to focus on.

"Sherlock," I hummed in acknowledgement and tried my hardest to play dumb. John hated the fact that Rosamund was learning to deduce from me. I wasn't teaching her on purpose, she was just picking it up.

"Yes John?"

"Have you been teaching her to deduce?"

"Of course not, you told me not to." I was probably in more trouble than the child at this point; John would definitely be withholding sex for a while.

"I should have guessed that the fags wouldn't teach their child proper social morals." John's hand tightened on my shoulder even more and I knew he was about to explode. "I expect that she will be appropriately punished." The woman stormed out, slamming the door behind her. We sat in silence for a moment, all trying to figure out where to go from there.

"She needs to get laid." Rosie's words cut through the tension and I felt my own breath catch in my throat, sending me into a coughing fit. I could almost see John's face, jaw hanging open and cheeks flushing red. The principal was struggling to contain his laughter.

"Rosamund Mary Watson-Holmes" John scolded her; I could hear the tremor in his voice that gave away his struggle to hide the laughter.

"Oh leave her alone love, she isn't wrong about-"

"Sherlock, I swear to God!"

"Sorry, not good?"

"A bit not good, yeah."

"Alright, Rosamund, you have to stop that. Unless I or your dad tells you it is okay you are not allowed to deduce people. Do you understand sweetheart?"

"Yes Father."

"Good girl. Is that all? I would like to go home now." I turned back to face the principal, a sweaty little man that looked like he had an overabundance of sweat glands.

"Sherlock-"

"No, it's fine. I will tell Mrs. Bradbury that Rosie was given detention for a few weeks. It was a pleasure meeting you both." We stood and shook hands with the man before taking Rosie's hand and leading her outside. We hailed a cab, and I shot directions to mine and Rosie's favorite ice cream parlor at the cabbie before John could object.

"Sherlock, what are you doing?"

"I am taking my daughter and my husband out for ice cream."

"We shouldn't go out for ice cream; Rosie was just in trouble at school."

"John, let me be proud of her. She correctly deduced two people today with almost no training from me. I am very proud of her, let me have this." I saw the emotion welling in my husband's eyes and offered him a soft smile.

"Fine, I love you Sherlock."

"I love you to John."

"Should I call Gammy so you two can finish this when we get home?"

"Rosamund!" I let out a belt of laughter and hugged our daughter, letting the pride fill my chest as John flushed and sputtered.

"That's my girl."

"I love you Father." The girl grinned proudly up at me.

"I love you to bumble."

A/N BTW, all your votes and comments mean the world to me!! <3 I love all of you!! <3 Thank you all so much for reading my stories!!!!