Kiss Me

Hey My Lovelies!!! I'M BACK!!!!! Sorry this has taken so long!! MAJOR Drama at work has left me working nearly 40 hrs a week....Its a long, crazy story, and if you want to hear it, let me know and I will post it in my Get To Know Me book....Anyways!!! Kristin5687 has been pestering me to write this one for a while so here it is!! SMUT WARNING!!! A sweet, smutty fic for my babies!!! Enjoy<3

Seeing John standing at the door to 221B was easily the greatest, most painful thing Sherlock had ever experienced. Seeing the man that had been his best friend for so long, tears in his eyes as he fidgeted nervously at the door, pain, fear and hope in his eyes as he held his sleeping child close.

"Can we come home?"

"Of course John, you and Rosamund are always welcome here."

It was a long time before things felt normal again. After everything that had happened between them, Sherlock found himself keeping his distance, letting John have some space to mourn.

Sherlock was feeding Rosie when he first noticed things changing. It was subtle, so much so, that he nearly missed it. A soft touch to the back of his neck as he tried to convince the child that the mashed peas were edible.

It was soft, tender, and far more intimate than anything John and Sherlock ever shared, and he found himself fixating on that single moment, unable to let it go.

"Hey, how's my girl?"

"She refuses to eat the peas. Why won't she eat the peas, John? She's hungry, yet she won't eat. It's not logical-"

"She's not even three months yet Sherlock, I don't think she's got a lot of logic yet."

"But she's hungry-"

"And she takes after you. She's bored, play with her." Sherlock frowned at the brightly coloured spoon in his hand, uncertain what John was saying. John huffed a laugh, taking a seat beside Sherlock and taking the spoon.

Watching John with Rosie reminded Sherlock just how much he cared for the older man.

The soft touches became more frequent, a hand touching an elbow or shoulder in passing. Smiles became less pain-filled and more real. And finally, Sherlock began to feel as though he may have finally gotten his friend back.

He made sure to keep The Work away from John, there was no way the former blogger was ready to return to that life.

Until one night, while they were sitting on the floor of the sitting room, Rosie babbling between them happily, when the door bell rang.

John's eyes met Sherlock's, a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Single ring."

"Maximum pressure just under the half second."

"Client!" John grinned brightly as he hurried to his feet, lifting his child along with him. He winced as his knees popped in protest.

"Getting too old for that, eh Bumble?" He motioned for the door, his eyes sparkling as he made his way to Mrs. Hudson's flat. "You get the door, I'll see if Mrs. H can take Rosie for a while."

Sherlock lost himself in the case, forgetting about everything that had happened between himself and John as they settled back into their old routine.