♥06♥ A beautiful bloom

The game had ended in Karasuno's victory but this was not a victory that's worth celebrating about; Seijoh didn't have their original Setter in the game so the outcome of the game could have been very different. 

"Oopsie, I failed." 

"Senpai, you suck." 

"You're so quick to be cruel to me." He stopped smiling, slipping back into serious mode. "They can win this time, I won't be letting them take a win from us next time." 

"I'll be richer if I get a dollar for every obvious thing you're saying, Senpai." 

Oikawa chuckled at her words, "Then, are you impressed with the way I serve the ball?" 

"I am." 

"Oh? That is some honest answer from you today!" He was about to pat her head but Ranfa ducked down to dodge his touches. She's doing this because she knew something like that pissed him off.

Ranfa smiled a little at him before writing down on her notebook, "Though I would be impressed if you're able to have the same power and accuracy when you decided to pinpoint where the ball is going to land." 

"Oh?" Oikawa was intrigued by her once more; she was able to work out he had to sacrifice some power in his last serve in order to make the ball land on Tsukishima again. "I expected nothing less from you." He took off the bib while Ranfa handed him his jacket and pants.

"Ah, also..." She fished out something from her bag and she took out two milk bread in their individual packets. "Your milk bread." 

"Eh?" 

Ranfa rolled her eyes and she pushed them into Oikawa's hold. "You requested them, didn't you?" 

"Ah! I-I did...here, I'll give you the money back!" 

"It's fine, they were cheap." 

"B-but! From the pharmacy to the bakery where Kindaichi lives near...that is quite a walk!" 

"It's fine, Senpai." 

Oikawa smiled warmly as he looked at the milk breads she got for him. Even though she openly said she refused to do this request for him, she still did it anyway. He thought she was a very kind girl at heart. Cherry blossom? This girl reminded him of a cactus; they can prick you, but if you nurture them enough, a beautiful bloom will be rewarded.

"I'll give you one." He handed her one packet of the milk bread. 

"Huh?" 

"On the condition you'll eat it with me~." He said with a cheery smile. 

She smiled too and she took his offer. She opened the packet and she took a small bite of the milk bread. 

"It's good..." 

She ended up taking a stroll around school with him as they ate milk bread. 

"Hm~m! I am happy! Milk bread near Kindaichi's home is the best!" 

"It's good." 

"It tastes even better when I get it as a treat too~." 

"You are a piece of crap, Senpai." 

"Hey, don't talk about such a thing when we're eating." He looked at the sky to see the orange setting sun. he thought the scenery was very beautiful. "Ah~, this is the best. I've got good news from the doctor, I played volleyball, and I am eating milk bread bought by a cute kouhai...this is the best day ever!" 

She noticed he didn't include the part about his girlfriend seeing him for a brief moment. She chose not to question him about it so it wouldn't ruin the happy moment he was having.