♥07♥ A fool

"And then I said to her how much a liar she is, and that she should grow up! Hey, did you listen to me, Tooru? Tooru!" Akari tugged on his arm again and again, wanting to make sure he was paying attention to her stories.

"Yes, I'm listening." Truth to be told, he had no clue who Akari was talking about. He was more concerned about the smiles Ranfa and Iwaizumi made when they were both talking to one another during lunch. He didn't like the fact that Ranfa was happy and smiling with another guy without him. 

"Okay, where was I? So then..." 

He wanted to know why they were so friendly with one another. He should ask Iwaizumi about it. Wait, what if Iwaizumi tells him it was none of his business? That was a likely answer. 

"Tooru, for you~♥." She gave him a volleyball keyring with her name engraved on it. "Look! I got one too! This one have your name on it! Isn't it cute?" 

"Oh, it really is cute." He looked at the one she had, he smiled when he saw his name on it. "Did you buy this from a shop?" 

"I ordered it online, there is only one of this kind!" 

"That is pretty cool." Oikawa liked this little volleyball keyring. He couldn't wait to show it off!

Akari smiled and she kissed him on the cheek, "Let's go home already~!"

...

That night, Ranfa came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body. She heard her phone go off so she went to it. 

"Hello?" 

--Hey, it's me, Iwaizumi.--

"Hello there, Senpai. You haven't had enough of me at school?" 

--Hahaha, you really know how to joke. Are you free tomorrow after school?-- He didn't sound nervous at all. In fact, he was intact and direct in his question for her.

"You don't seem annoyed that the gym is being inspected by inspectors." Since the inspectors were going to be using the gyms, no club activities that would use the gym will be available.

--I am annoyed but I thought we might as well make use of the free day. So you're in or not?-- 

"I'm in. What do you want to do?" 

--I don't know. Maybe a movie and dinner?--

"I'm free so it's fine." 

--You don't need to work?-- 

"My parents said I shouldn't waste my time in the restaurant. They don't want to see me in the shop." 

--I-I see. Then, I'll do as they say and keep you away from the restaurant. Then, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night.-- 

"Good night, Senpai." The call ended right there. Well, it seemed like she's got plans tomorrow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You have something to do tomorrow?" Oikawa said to Akari, "It's a rare opportunity for me to have a free day, you know." Oikawa reminded Akari as he took a bite out of his yakisoba bread. 

"I'm sorry, Tooru." Akari wished she was free but she's got errands to do today and she was not free at all. 

"It's fine. I guess I can do something else while I am at it." Oikawa thought it was quite a surprise that she wouldn't want to spend time with him since he's got no practice after school. He thought it was weird how she expected him to spend time with her when he's busy, but she's not free when he's free. Weird...