♥17♥ Empty throne

"Like Sakura said, I have mastered the Jump Serve at he end of camp." Unlike the others who were not brave enough to mention Ranfa's name in front of Oikawa, Iwaizumi brought her up just to see if his friend have completely gotten over the pink haired girl. Even now, iwaizumi didn't believe Oikawa had let Ranfa go; his words opened the door for her to leave, but his heart had a lock with no signs of the key.

"Why are you talking about her, Iwa-chan?" They had returned from camp late night and were making their own way back home together. 

"Just reminding you not to do stupid things." 

"It's not stupid." It didn't matter that no one else understood him. Even if the world were to fall, he will still believe his choices weren't wrong. Not going to Shiratorizawa, letting Ranfa go...he never regretted a moment of it. 

"I see." Iwaizumi wouldn't butt in, he will just watch from the side and intervene when Oikawa's close to drowning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since being free from her duty as manager for the volleyball team, Sakura Ranfa had a lot of spare time on her studies. She chose to study in the library, where she will not be disturbed when break was on. 

She stopped hanging out with Oikawa and everyone from the club, it was as if the ties were all gone and never existed. A normal person losing their place of belonging were more likely to find a new place elsewhere or try to reclaim the lost place, but Ranfa did not see it like that. Ranfa was the type to think 'if I lose people, it's their own loss'. 

Oikawa was watching her from between the bookshelves. He was watching her since he was a little worried about her; was she hurt by his choice of words? He will be sad if she was. 

'She doesn't look hurt one bit! She looked...normal.' Ranfa didn't look sad at all. He wondered if time had dried up all of her sadness. 'That poor girl must have cried herself to sleep every day ever since leaving us! She is only pretending to be strong! Oh! My dear Ranfa...!' The librarian walking past stood there for a few moment to see his dramatic face, she shook her head at Oikawa as if telling everyone this guy no longer have hope left before returning to her desk.

Kunimi Akira and Kindaichi Yuutarou noticed Oikawa and the way he was staring at the former manager of Seijoh. Kindaichi nudged Kunimi to tell him to say something to Oikawa.

Without a word, Kunimi went ahead with it. 

'Go for it, Kunimi!' Kindaichi was relying on Kunimi to comfort Oikawa, who was clearly depressed. "Eh?" 

"Sakura-san, got a moment?" 

"Oh, Kunimi." 

'Why did he go there?!' 'Why is Kunimi-chan talking to Ranfa?!' Both Kindaichi and Oikawa were making comical faces upon seeing Kunimi walk up to Ranfa like it was nothing. 

"We got into the quarter finals." 

"And?" 

"Are you going to watch us play?" 

"I don't need to." 

"I see." He looked at her side of the desk to see a lot of books were to do with improving English skills. "What are you doing?" 

"Studying English." 

"I see." 

"Oikawa-senpai I should better my English so I might as well do it." 

"...do you want to do it?" 

"English is not my best forte but once you grasp a concept, things will be easier. What I'm trying to say is, you will learn to like it."