♥11♥ Reckless passion

Even with Ranfa's support, most of the work were done by the boys when it comes to getting the win. In the end, they couldn't get the win from Shiratorizawa and became Miyagi Prefecture's Interhigh runner-up. 

The blame wasn't because of Ranfa's lack of research on the opponent, nor was it Seijoh being weak. The simple fact was Shiratorizawa was at another level in terms of strength. 

A week had passed since the loss at the Interhigh. On top of that, it was a rainy day today and it made the mood at the club very low. Ranfa could feel that the boys still hadn't gotten over the loss. She managed to convince the freshmen to pick up from where they fell, but she's more concerned about the 3rd years; some of the members who were subs chose to quit no matter how much she tried to convince them. It couldn't be helped that some people would lose hope and give up on the spot. She just hoped the four 3rd year regulars wouldn't give up now. 

"Huh?" She could see a teacher was speaking to Matsukawa at the end of the hallway. Judging by Matsukawa's expression and the way he was scratching the back of his head, Matsukawa was having issues with the teacher. It didn't take Ranfa to be a genius to know what the conversation was about. 

"You should have a good think about it, Matsukawa-kun. After all, I believe you should focus more on your studies much more if you want to make sure you have a space in the first choice of your chosen University." The older woman pushed her square-rimmed glasses, "If you want a good and stable job, you need to take education seriously."

"S-Sensei, like I said, I want to stay with the club-" 

"But-" 

"Sensei, please refrain from being so pushy. Matsukawa-senpai is old enough to make his own decisions." Ranfa had to say something to this teacher because the teacher gave her the vibe that she looked down on students who had no intentions of going to University. "Should there be any consequences, I am sure he is old enough to deal with that himself." 

"This doesn't have anything to do with you-" 

"It has everything to do with me. I can't stand seeing my own Senpai being treated like a kid who can't make their own decisions." 

"What is there to make?! Matsukawa-kun doesn't do the most scoring on the volleyball court anyway! In other words, he's either there or not there!" 

"Sensei, you clearly don't know how to play volleyball. Matsukawa-senpai's position is a Middle Blocker, it is a position that relies on height to block the other team from scoring. Please study the sport before you deem a player useless." Ranfa put a hand to her hip, "What's the point of being so highly educated when your brain is that of a frog in a well?" 

"Anyway!" Matsukawa gently moved Ranfa aside, "Sensei, I have decided that I will stay in the club. I don't care if I am the one scoring the most or whatever, I just want to win with the current team." He then walked away, pushing Ranfa away from the now very annoyed teacher. 

Once they were away from the teacher's earshot, Matsukawa pointed out what the issue was. 

"Sakura, you can't just go and tell a teacher that they don't know anything right in their faces!" 

"I just did though. And I would never say something for no reason if it is the truth." 

"Still..." 

"Still! I am glad you are staying on the team, Matsukawa-senpai." 

"No problem. Knowing you, you have been helping Oikawa retain the 3rd year members for Spring High, right?" 

"Hm." Ranfa wanted to keep as many 3rd years member within the Volleyball club as much as possible. She didn't want the people who Oikawa lead to for 3 years to disappear. Some could be convinced, some couldn't. She did as much as she possibly could for Oikawa. "Thank you, Matsukawa-senpai."