♥19♥ Wonderful kouhai

Oikawa was surprisingly calm after losing to Karasuno. Sure, he had cried with his 3rd year fellows but he was surprisingly calm. 

"I knew I would find you here." Ranfa sat next to him, eyes a little red. 

The two of them were at the local park, sitting on a bench in the middle of the night. Many hours had passed since Iwaizumi had told Oikawa that even if their path shall differ from one another, they will acknowledge one another's strength and fight against one another if the day should come. 

"Ranfa..." 

"Well?" 

"Volleyball isn't over for me yet. I'm going to keep going no matter what." 

"That's good to hear." 

"Volleyball will always be a part of my life. I will keep tossing the ball until I could not lift my arms up anymore." That was how passionate he was about volleyball. This passion will probably live on up until he's sleeping in his own grave. "You too. You're very important to me too..." 

"I know I am." 

"What are you planning to do, Ranfa?" 

"Me? Let's talk about you first." 

"I'm going to Tokyo. You've heard about the news, right?"

"Indeed." She heard Oikawa got offered into a good university that carved the best paths for sports players, especially for volleyball players. He got offered a scholarship, something that not every hard worker could get. 

Oikawa was already set on how his path will go. He said it without hesitation but he was a little worried deep down; what about Ranfa? She said before she will follow him. How will she follow him if he was far away? 

"I'm going to have to leave you here for a year." Oikawa was tearing up. First it was saying an indirect good bye to his friends, and now he had to say an indirect good bye to Ranfa. 

"Idiot." Ranfa put her hand on his head, stroking his head, "I'm going to be here as Manager and lead the others to victory. I'll lead the others to the place where you and the other senpais couldn't go!" She too also decided on what to do. "You focus on volleyball on your side, leave Seijoh volleyball club duties to me from now on." 

"Ranfa..." 

Ranfa stood up to feel the cold wind blowing past her. "A kouhai's duty is to become stronger and carry on with their senpai's will." 

Oikawa looked up at her and he slowly smiled; he had very good kouhais after all. "You're right." 

"Focus on your path and I'll focus on mine. After a year, I'll follow after you." She wanted to do a pinky promise with him, "I'll swallow a 1000 needles if I cannot live in your wonderful world."

Oikawa pinky promised to wait for her. With this, he had no more hesitations...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though volleyball was over for the time being, that didn't mean their duties were over and done with. 

"Move the table over there and then drape the white cloth over it!" Ranfa instructed Kunimi and Kindaichi. 

"Yes!" 

"Hanamaki-senpai, place the vases on the middle of the tables and then place an origami rose on it. Matsukawa-senpai, how are you and Watari-kun doing on the chunky stars?" She looked back at the taller and shorter pair to see scattered jars full of colorful chunky origami stars in them. "Good job!"